Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant
About The Position:
We are looking for an outstanding Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant who establishes and maintains strong client relationships throughout the sales cycle, and who exudes a passion for understanding the business and technical needs of the customer, shows thought leadership in developing a provocative point of view, and evangelises and articulates the value of the MuleSoft platform solution in meeting those needs in driving the solution sale.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant is responsible for actively driving and leading the technology and solution evaluation of the MuleSoft platform, developing the provocative point of view that clearly shows how the MuleSoft solution exactly meets the needs of the client in the API-led economy, and is an integral member of the account and opportunity teams, working as the key solution and technical advisor for the client.
In order to be successful in this role, the Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant must be able to cogently and coherently articulate the value of the MuleSoft solution to business and technical clients. The Pre-Sales Solution Consultant also has the opportunity to influence the product roadmap by communicating market needs to the Product Management team.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant will successfully deliver the MuleSoft platform solution with the level of experience, depth of business acumen and technical knowledge to successfully execute the end-to-end solution engagement from qualification and discovery through finding solutions with the ability to take the client’s business needs, apply them within the context of the client's architecture and environment and develop the proof points that include all activities from facilitating workshops through implementing proof of concepts to delivering proposals.
- 30 Days:
- Learn MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and MuleSoft IP
- Deliver a presentation to the team around MuleSoft IP and Anypoint Platform applied to a hypothetical opportunity
- Demonstrate ability to start leading a current engagement
- 60 Days:
- Deliver a presentation to the team around a current opportunity
- Internalise three customer success stories
- Lead one or more current engagements
- 90 Days
- Deliver first MBO
- Demonstrate engagement with architect level
- Deliver applied bimodal presentation to the team
The Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant will have the breadth and depth of business development and deep hands-on technical skills and experience to proactively enable and drive accounts and opportunities across multiple business segments and markets, and will work in close co-operation with all the necessary cross-functional teams, such as sales, marketing, professional services, customer success and product management in order to support successful, high-growth business.
Role - Experience
- Solid educational and professional career track record
- Proven enterprise integration architect with a deep understanding of enterprise technologies and business context, combined with hands-on Java and web services development skills applied within the enterprise application integration space, combined with cloud services experience e.g. SaaS, iPaaS and API-led connectivity:
- Experience with XML, JMS, SOAP and/or Web Services (WS-*) and other SOA/Integration technologies
- Ability to code and debug against Java APIs (past experience as a Java Developer preferred)
- Experience using Spring, Maven and related frameworks and technologies is beneficial
- Understanding of high-performance database management software, enterprise hosted/SaaS, and or CRM
- Integration product experience is preferred (but not required), for example; IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, Informatica, Cast Iron, Dell-Boomi or Jitterbit, etc.
- Experience in integrating SaaS applications, such as Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite, Eloqua, Taleo, SuccessFactors, RightNow, ServiceNow, Ariba, etc. is a bonus but not required
- Able to travel and work effectively throughout the assigned territory
- EMEA languages are a bonus, especially German and French
This is a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment -- we are looking for smart, high energy candidates who are looking to make a big impact, and who want to work alongside a great team to do so. We work closely together and put in startup hours, so you must be a team player! The perfect candidate will thrive on the prospect of taking on huge challenges and will “move the needle” at MuleSoft by driving programs through feats of flawless execution.
About Our Benefits:
- Equity and generous Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Private medical, dental and optical insurance (includes gym and health screening discounts)
- Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Childcare vouchers
- Regular catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Annual MeetUp, our company-wide offsite to learn, grow, and connect
- 25 days holiday
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Account Development Representative
Dana’s role is to partner with MuleSoft’s Sales Team to drive new business. She collaborates with account executives to determine opportunities in the market to sell MuleSoft and help transform those organizations' businesses.
Back to top