Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant
As a key member of the account and opportunity teams, you will lead the adoption of the MuleSoft platform solution across the enterprise by developing provocative points of view that illustrate how the MuleSoft solution meets client needs in the API-led economy.
You will focus the majority of your time in the field, discovering the customer’s intended business and technical outcomes and proposing a connectivity solution. You will be responsible for developing and delivering custom product demonstrations, managing onsite and remote technical proof of concepts (POCs), and collecting feedback from the field to influence product roadmap changes.
The rest of your time will be spent at MuleSoft’s office account planning, driving evangelism with our marketing team (e.g, writing blogs, speaking at industry events and demo-driven webinars), working with Product Management to continuously improve MuleSoft products, and mentoring members of the Solutions Consulting team.
Goals for your first three months:
- Learn MuleSoft Anypoint Platform, MuleSoft IP, and Outcome Based Selling engagement methodology
- Deliver a successful presentation around MuleSoft IP and Anypoint Platform applicable to a realistic sales opportunity
- Demonstrate ability to lead an engagement
- Provide meaningful updates and suggestions to account and opportunity strategy
- Deliver a presentation to the team around current opportunity strategy and status
- Internalize and credibly present three customer success stories
- Lead one or more current engagements
- Deliver first MBO
- Share knowledge regarding product or market insights with the entire pre sales team
- Demonstrate ability to engage and influence key customer personas (developer, integration architect, enterprise architect, security architect, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for understanding the business and technical needs of the customer with a history of establishing and maintaining strong client relationship
- Demonstrated thought leadership with a breadth and depth of experience proactively enabling and driving accounts and opportunities across multiple business segments and markets
- Deep hands-on Java and web services development skills applied within the enterprise application integration space, combined with cloud services experience (e.g. SaaS, iPaaS and API-led connectivity):
- Experience with XML, JMS, SOAP and/or Web Services (WS-*) and other SOA/Integration technologies
- Experience using Spring, Maven and related frameworks and technologies is beneficial
- Understanding of high-performance database management software, enterprise hosted/SaaS, and or CRM
- Integration product experience is preferred (but not required), for example; IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, Informatica, Cast Iron, Dell-Boomi or Jitterbit, etc.
- Experience in integrating SaaS applications, such as Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite,
- Eloqua, Taleo, SuccessFactors, RightNow, ServiceNow, Ariba, etc. is a bonus
- Ability to code and debug against Java APIs (past experience as a Java Developer preferred)
- The ability to travel and work effectively throughout the assigned territory
- A desire to work closely with the team as well as cross-functionally (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Customer Success, Product Management)
- A willingness to put in startup hours to drive impact
- A track record of taking on huge challenges and executing on programs
About Our Benefits:
- Annual MeetUp, our company-wide offsite to learn, grow, and connect
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top