Platform Security Architect
MuleSoft's software and technology product is the Anypoint Platform. It is a platform because our customers build their digital transformation solutions on it. It handles a broad spectrum of mission-critical data for our customers (think: most of the prescriptions written in the US, global banking traffic, airline reservations, beer distributor networks…), in the cloud and in data centers. It incorporates a variety of technologies and integrates with many more. At its core are comprehensive metadata capabilities, runtime engines, management capabilities, and a lot of rich user experiences and APIs.
About the Position:
MuleSoft is looking for a Platform Security Architect. The individual for this role should be a passionate and hands-on cross-platform architect, that will develop and drive the adoption of software security architecture standards, design patterns, and best practices across all MuleSoft software products and cloud services. To be successful in this role the individual will want to build strong relationships with other architects, engineering teams, and product managers to ensure the product roadmap and operations are aligned with the security and overall business strategy. The person who fills this role is not looking to just “do security,” they are looking to reinvent how systems and APIs integrate, and build strong next-generation security mechanisms for the future. Once you build it, we want you to talk about it and provide provide thought leadership on securing “the” API Platform.
- Own the platform security architecture! Work with other application and platform architects in to ensure security is second to none.
- Talk about your great security work by promoting how we’re securing the platform, and about API security in general with anyone and everyone.
- Conduct complete lifecycle security architecture and technical assessments.
- Lead, and take charge of cross-functional projects and teams in establishing amazing security development lifecycle practices.
- See a problem, build a security tool, or add the appropriate technologies to augment our product, and infrastructure offerings.
- Provides consultation in security architecture design/review of projects and other activities involving the use of security technologies related to the web applications, mobile/cloud computing products and services.
- Drive expert identity and authentication processes across MuleSoft products and platforms
- Exemplary track record of significant, ideally game-changing innovation and creativity.
- Functions as main technical point of contact for product teams as it relates to security and privacy.
- A can-do approach backed by accomplishments: they said it couldn’t be done, so I came in and found a smart way and made it happen, and ended up knocking it out of the park.
- Proven experience in architecting complex web applications with backend services expertise such as API gateway, identity, access management services, data protection technologies, and encryption
- Deep, hands-on expertise in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, distributed systems) and approaches to address their unique management and security considerations.
- Proven experience in supporting compliance frameworks such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, and ISO-27001
- Sharp analytical skills, with the ability to multitask across multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Promotes security research and internal/external influence on software security community.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top