Manager of Technical Documentation
“If your User has to make a decision, provide enough information to enable him to make the best decision."
The above quote applies to product design. If enough information is provided in the design of the product, a user will make the right decision. If not, clear and concise documentation may be necessary to achieve user success. For products that enable the development of open ended solutions to complex problems, the product design must include readily available examples and documentation.
About the Team:
The MuleSoft Products team is looking for an individual who will lead a team of talented, motivated writers and produce quality technical content that integrates cleanly into the product experience described above. You know how to work collaboratively with product management, engineering, customers and others to create the needed technical topics and examples that the user is looking for. You are the right candidate if you are a problem-solver that can get things done. You also adhere to build-measure-learn and will look at the data, make great decisions and measure whether your work is having the desired impact.
About the Position:
- Become an expert in how our users learn to use our products, what friction points exist in the current solution and what they expect from the documentation.
- Working with product management, engineering, user experience, and marketing colleagues to deliver a cohesive and clear path for users to discover, learn, adopt and successfully move from evaluator to user or customer.
- Respond rapidly to documentation feedback from usability tests as well as from the customer and user communities
- Write and edit documentation content and examples
- Ensure SEO quality is maintained and not impacted negatively by any documentation changes
- Identify and track key metrics around user success and retention as it relates to the documentation
- Build and lead a team of talented writers and technical contributors
- Further improve documentation platform and infrastructure to support the specific needs of our documentation efforts
- High energy and drive – you are a leader in the company and need the energy and passion to be on top of your game
- Demonstrated excellence and passion in usability/user experience, information architecture, and writing for a technical audience
- Track record of strong leadership – you must be able to energize and excite the writers, developers, and others to contribute to improving the product experience through technical content
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it
- Innovative and creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills. You must be able to write and edit professional, web-ready content
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA with exposure or background in a technical discipline preferred
This is not your typical documentation manager position. We are looking for a product-focused leader with a passion for writing and helping users learn effectively. With an exceptionally fast cycle of development, a truly entrepreneurial culture with 100% ownership of the content, and an overall creative and forward-thinking mindset, this should be the dream job.
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Back to top