Lead Security Technologist
MuleSoft's software and technology product is the Anypoint Platform. It is a platform because our customers build their digital transformation solutions on it. It handles a broad spectrum of mission-critical data for our customers (think: most of the prescriptions written in the US, global banking traffic, airline reservations, beer distributor networks…), in the cloud and in data centers. It incorporates a variety of technologies and integrates with many more. At its core are comprehensive metadata capabilities, runtime engines, management capabilities, and a lot of rich user experiences and APIs.
About the Position:
Next-generation security is a critical initiative at MuleSoft, and the Advanced Security Research group within the Office of the CTO leads that initiative. We are a small, highly motivated and disciplined group of hackers, data scientists and architects focusing on researching and building the next generation of security frameworks, tools and products for our platform and the API ecosystem. The impact is direct and major, on the trajectory of the company (you are an owner), on our customers, and on the industry as a whole when it comes to the new world of application network security.
If you can't stop thinking about any of the following, we need to talk…
- New ways of applying threat intelligence and anomaly detection to hunt and identify attack patterns on APIs
- New ways how to apply defensive infrastructure automation and attack prevention
- Service identity frameworks around microservices
- Immutable infrastructure
- New methods of authentication and authorization around M2M
- Reverse engineering of complex attack patterns and malware
- Deep learning and neural network enrichment
- You love the thrill of the hunt and crave a real adversary attacking your environment
- You are an entrepreneur, you love to build, prototype and break.
- A great collaborator: someone whom the strong developers, leads, and architects on the teams want to work with, to follow through thick and thin; someone they understand and who understands them; an obvious leader of leaders.
- Exemplary track record of significant, ideally game-changing innovation and creativity.
- A can-do approach backed by accomplishments: they said it couldn’t be done, so I came in and found a smart way and made it happen, and ended up knocking it out of the park.
- Deep, hands-on expertise in cloud architectures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, distributed systems) and approaches to address their unique management and security considerations.
- Architect, design and prototype software applications, tool and systems focusing on security concepts
- Provide expert technical knowledge, industry best practices, advice, and expertise to build robust and efficient security products
- Identifying, analyzing and interpreting attack patterns in complex data sets
- Conduct in-depth research on attacker profiles and infrastructure to better predict and prevent future attacks
- Work closely with other data scientists and engineering teams to create innovate solutions
- You will be responsible for the research of new methods of threat detection, analysis and response to targeted attacks, zero-day attacks, and insider threats in API security
- Develop and implement threat detection models and analytics use cases for a security analytics platform built on Big Data technologies
- Analyze emerging threats in the API security space, combat threats and provide the best protection to our customers
- Creating research papers, blogs, and speaking publicly
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top