Engagement Manager, West Region
About the Team:
The charter of MuleSoft professional services is to help our customers transform their business by accelerating the adoption of the MuleSoft platform with minimal risk, using our world-class expertise, standard methodology and enterprise best practices.
In order to support our rapid growth and reach the next level of scale, we are currently seeking exceptionally talented consulting professionals who can drive successful customer deployments and continuously enhance our services portfolio and engagement best practices.
About the Position:
The primary goal of this role is to ensure the customer's vision for deployment is successfully transitioned from pre-sales through implementation and go-live. The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of skills blending quality-oriented consulting delivery leadership with a strong commercial acumen. This person will work in close collaboration with sales to articulate the value proposition of our consulting and training services, develop project proposals and obtain customer buy-in. The EM must utilize all of the resources available to generate demand, progress the lead through the customer decision process and close the deal. This requires skills in understanding customer political map and decision process and ability to identify and utilize champions to progress the deal forward.
The EM must have a good command of the sales process and be able to progress an opportunity through each stage in the sales cycle for a successful close. An excellent facilitator and communicator, the EM will also drive requirement gathering, effort estimation and SOW development. Together with the MuleSoft consulting delivery team and SI partners, this person will create a sound resource plan for successful project completion. This individual will manage a portfolio of accounts and oversee the successful delivery of multiple customer engagements in parallel, with a high level of customer satisfaction.
This is an opportunity where he/she will establish themselves as a trusted advisor to our prospective customers, be an integral part of the reference generation process and have a direct impact on MuleSoft’s customer success.
- Proactively engage with the sales team to identify and grow opportunities and position services
- Articulate the value proposition of MuleSoft consulting and training services to management audiences through impactful presentations
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers in order to assist customer achieve strategy by leveraging MuleSoft services
- Understand the customer decision process and develop relationships with key decision makers, nurture champions and coaches and progress a deal through sales cycle
- Lead the requirements gathering, scoping and effort estimation exercise
- Develop statements of work and project plans; define work packages and deliverables with exceptionally high levels of quality and customer satisfaction
- Constantly evaluate deployment risks and drive mitigation measures throughout the lifecycle of the engagement
- Monitor resource requirements across a portfolio of projects and work with the resource management and partner teams to re-balance as needed
- Set regular cadence and create effective status reports for management consumption, covering engagements in pipeline, in progress and at risk
- Identify follow-on sales opportunities in assigned accounts and participate in the subsequent sales process
- Proactively engage with the customer success team to drive references and renewals
- Work with services, product and customer success leadership to build and refine consulting offers to meet the changing needs of our customer base and increase their adoption of MuleSoft solutions
- Complete MuleSoft product training and become an expert on our consulting methodology
- Begin to shadow other Engagement Managers both on and off customer site. At this time, you will contribute to SOWs, scoping, and begin to close small deals
- You will be fully ramped and will begin to lead services scoping and pricing. You will spearhead engagement staffing and delivery excellence. You will have complete ownership of pipeline and forecasting as well
- Extensive background in enterprise software consulting
- Minimum 5 years track record of sales success in business to business selling
- A passion for selling and winning - a demonstrated track record of growing and closing services deals of increasing size
- Proven ability to work complex sales cycles from start to finish in a team selling environment
- Experience in creating outstanding responses to functional and technical elements of RFI’s/RFP’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to excel in a dynamic environment
- Extreme attention to detail, follow-through and teamwork
- Project management experience with on-premise, on-demand or hybrid integration programs
- Experience with Enterprise integration technologies (e.g., services-oriented architecture, enterprise service bus, cloud integration platform and API-management platform)
- Working experience with at least one type of integration end-point: RDBMS, on-premise or SaaS enterprise software Packages (i.e. Salesforce, Workday, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Travel up to 65% of the time (dependent on customer requirements)
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Mac or PC
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top