MuleSoft is looking for an exceptional Director of Engineering to build and launch our Mountain View office. You will be the first person in this office and will be responsible for building a strong team around you consisting of back-end, front-end, UX, and test engineers.
While build and leading a team of engineers in the South Bay, the new director will also collaborate with the rest of the development team in both San Francisco and Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Mountain View team will become a part of an extremely intelligent engineering team that builds revolutionary technology transforming businesses like McDonald’s, Unilever, and Tesla with our integration platform and API-led connectivity approach. Category-defining Anypoint Platform™ consists of API management, composite services, and iPaaS with targeted capabilities for hybrid clouds, mobile, big data, and IOT. The Mountain View team will work at the intersection of the latest in bleeding edge technologies: containers, big data, APIs, machine learning, and more.
- Work in the San Francisco office getting ramped up on our technologies while building the core team in Mountain View. Take ownership of your product area.
- Work closely with product managers and engineering leads to create and review stories, schedule sprints, monitor burn down, and deliver software continuously and with high quality
- Work with our talent team to hire great engineers and maintain the highest engineering standards
- Remove all obstacles and blockers to allow the team concentrate on delivering extraordinary platform to the customers.
- You are a leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited to build our new office from scratch
- You are incredibly excited about PaaS and Cloud and could explain to a room full of engineers why it's so important
- Strong communication, partnership and management skills. You will need to lead this effort and work with multiple engineering, devops, and product teams, as well as support and sales engineering
- You have a track record of successfully delivering on time, working in fast paced agile environment, mentoring engineers, and leading by example
- You know how to hire people in the Bay Area, have an eye for talent and have built successful teams in the past
- You understand SLAs and how hard it is to reach five nines, can articulate why agile is a way to go, know what a CAP theorem is and why it's important
- Have previously built web application management, virtual application management or application performance management solutions
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies and tradeoffs that need to be made when developing applications that need to run on-premise versus cloud
- Hands-on experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems is a plus
- You take pride in your work and have a keen eye for what makes a product great. You know how to create extraordinary products that developers love to use
- You are active in the open source community. You have a github account and would be happy to share with us some of the projects you have started or contributed to. MuleSoft is an open source company and most of our team are open source contributors
- You are not afraid to try out new languages and frameworks such as Node, Scala, Clojure, Akka and can advocate to your team why they should be used
- You know how to arbitrate technical discussions and are not afraid to make a challenging call. You iterate quickly on ideas, deliver MVPs, and push them out to customers in a continuous fashion
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Back to top