About the Team:
DevOps is an extremely technical, demanding team that functions at the center of MuleSoft’s business objectives. We’re obsessively focused on maintaining high availability for all of the services we manage, while also implementing the infrastructure solutions that our product teams need in order to succeed. To accomplish this, we’ve implemented a cutting edge public cloud environment on top of Amazon Web Services, composed from Linux hosts running a variety of open source software like NGINX, Tomcat, NodeJS, MongoDB, Drupal, and, naturally enough, Mule.
In order to maintain and manage these services, we’ve also built a configuration management toolset based on SaltStack to load and run everything, and a monitoring architecture leveraging Zabbix to let us know when things break.
About the Position:
As a DevOps engineer at MuleSoft, you will be constantly presented with new challenges with an enormous scope and endless variety. On any given day, you might be troubleshooting a performance degradation for one of our critical SaaS services, writing automation code to help a broken application automatically recover, designing the system architecture for a new platform service, implementing new monitoring logic, or any of a million other things.
We’re looking for technology generalists with strong bias to action, excellent analytical skills, and a taste for good engineering. In exchange, we offer an unbeatable work environment, autonomy and support to do what’s right, generous compensation, and limitless room for growth.
- Become the subject matter expert for a particular MuleSoft service, working in tight cooperation with the relevant software team
- Provide operational support for software deployments and production incident response
- Develop infrastructure automation tools to eliminate manual effort, and to detect and resolve potential problems before they degrade
- A strong background in Linux systems, including shell scripting and performance tuning
- Excellent understanding of Internet technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
- Previous experience operating a large-scale, high-uptime environment on a public cloud provider like AWS or RackSpace
- Coding skills in Python, PHP, or another interpreted language like perl or ruby
- Knowledge about the deployment and maintenance of Java web applications, or with LAMP stack apps
- Experience using a configuration management tool like SaltStack, Puppet or Chef
- Familiarity with general monitoring principles, as well as tools like Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic, Stackdriver, Pingdom, etc
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salaries + twice yearly market salary revisions
- OSDE 310 health care for you and your family
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Mac or PC
- Top quality offices with spacious working space
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches
- Onsite English lessons. Opportunities to travel to our HQ in San Francisco
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top