Do you believe the real power of a technology is its community? Do you have a desire to connect with developers and help others grow? Does spending your time on StackOverflow, building applications and sharing them, writing blogs, doing webcasts, researching tech and speaking excite you? Would you even be crazy enough to write a book?
MuleSoft is seeking a creative and passionate Developer Evangelist who has a desire to use and champion technology, make developer communities better and reshape the way we look at technology as a whole.
About the Position:
As MuleSoft’s Developer Evangelist you’ll work closely with our Developer Relations team to represent MuleSoft in a variety of communities and events. You love connecting things: software systems, messaging products, devices and sensors, services big and small, robots and drones, you name it - figuring things out and then teaching the world how to do it, maybe even getting viral adoption. As an industry expert and thought-leader, you will interact with some of the world’s largest brands, while also sharing your knowledge and ideas on MuleSoft developer and social channels, third-party websites, GitHub and at developer-led meetups, hackathons and conferences.
- Gain a deep, technical level of understanding of MuleSoft’s platform and technologies in order to be able to explain to developers what MuleSoft does and how it can benefit them
- Gain a strong understanding of the MuleSoft Developer Community, their interests and mindset, what they relate and connect with and what technologies excite them
- Build your first MuleSoft application and create your first blog post
- Form an informed point of view on developer outreach: the optimal mix of online (webinars, coding challenges and competitions) vs. offline activities, types of activities and the detailed content calendar (videos, documentation, how-to guides, blog posts etc) to support it
- Recommend a data-backed events plan - what are the most leveraged events, internal and external, you should be presenting at this year?
- Achieve basic level certification on MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform (API Design)
- Achieve basic level certification on MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform (API Design & Integration)
- Mobilize and execute the outreach program crafted above
- Develop a strategy to scale your efforts globally by mobilizing local champions and building a global MuleSoft evangelist network
- Host your first MuleSoft User Group meetup (in your local area)
- Speak at your first small event (meetup, hackathon or conference)
- Create a short series of video HowTos introducing yourself to the community
- Kick the tires with an interesting project you develop that shows the possibilities of a smarter and more broadly connected world
- You consider yourself a thought-leader in software and you love helping others
- You have 5+ years experience as a software engineer, preferably within enterprise
- You’ve helped teach other developers either by talking at user groups/ conferences, mentoring or through other “face to face” channels
- In another life you were an author - you LOVE writing and sharing your thoughts online whether in blog posts, in-depth articles/ how-tos, or even in book form
- Social media is just another way you express yourself - and your Twitter followers love you for it
- You are a natural-born communicator and evangelist. You may communicate through code, through blogs, through demos, through screencasts, through meetups -- but somehow you communicate, a lot
- Your projects get attention, you leverage other popular projects to get attention, because in the end part of the value of what you do is in the learning or the produced and released project, but another big part is the world knowing about it
- You love to travel, see new places, and meet new people. The thought of being in a room of 200 strangers in a brand new place isn’t just exciting, but an opportunity for you to make new friends, learn new things and try some new food
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Gym discounts and weekly on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Fully stocked kitchen daily, catered lunches three times a week
- Annual company-wide weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning, and inspiration
- Office activities led by MulePack, including office happy hours and family nights
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top