Do you believe the real power of a technology is its community? Are you an exceptionally strong developer who wants to connect with other developers, enable them to solve problems faster, and help them grow? Does answering questions on StackOverflow, building applications, writing blogs, doing webcasts, researching tech, and speaking about big ideas excite you? Would you even be crazy enough to write a book?
MuleSoft is seeking a creative and passionate Developer Advocate to champion cutting-edge technologies, build an engaged global community, and ultimately empower developers to turn their innovative ideas into reality faster and more easily.
About the Position:
As MuleSoft’s Developer Advocate you’ll build the MuleSoft developer community by providing them with knowledge, resources, and inspirations. Your role will give you the opportunity to connect with others from the world’s leading companies, learn about their diverse use cases, and foster a network of passionate individuals to solve cutting-edge problems with the latest technologies. You’ll represent MuleSoft online as well as at events, speaking at conferences, running meetups, and leading hackathons.
- Gain a deep, technical level of understanding of MuleSoft’s platform and technologies in order to be able to explain to developers what MuleSoft does and how it can benefit them
- Gain a strong understanding of the MuleSoft Developer Community, their interests and mindset, what they relate and connect with and what technologies excite them
- Build your first MuleSoft application and create your first blog post
- Form an informed point of view on developer outreach: the optimal mix of online (webinars, coding challenges and competitions) vs. offline activities, types of activities and the detailed content calendar (videos, documentation, how-to guides, blog posts etc) to support it
- Recommend data-backed events plan - what are the most leveraged events, internal and external, you should be presenting at this year?
- Achieve basic level certification on MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform (API Design)
- Achieve basic level certification on MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform (API Design & Integration)
- Mobilize and execute the outreach program crafted above
- Develop a strategy to scale your efforts globally by mobilizing local champions and building a global MuleSoft evangelist network
- Host your first MuleSoft User Group meetup (in your local area)
- Speak at your first small event (meetup, hackathon, or conference)
- Create a short series of video HowTos introducing yourself to the community
- Kick the tires with an interesting project you develop that shows the possibilities of a smarter and more broadly connected world
- You are an experienced developer and a technology visionary, yet you love connecting with other developers to build communities
- You’ve helped teach other developers either by talking at user groups/ conferences, mentoring or through other “face to face” channels
- In another life you were an author - you LOVE writing and sharing your thoughts online whether in blog posts, in-depth articles/ how-tos or even in book form
- You are a natural-born communicator. You may communicate through code, blogs, demos, screencasts, or meetups -- but somehow you communicate, a lot
- Your projects get attention, you leverage other popular projects to get attention, because in the end part of the value of what you do is in the learning or the produced and released project, but another big part is the world knowing about it
- You love to travel, see new places, and meet new people. The thought of being in a room of 200 strangers in a brand new place isn’t just exciting, but an opportunity for you to make new friends, learn new things, and try some new food
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Gym discounts and weekly on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Fully stocked kitchen daily, catered lunches three times a week
- Annual company-wide weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning, and inspiration
- Office activities led by MulePack, including office happy hours and family nights
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top