Customer Success Engineer
About the Team
Customers are the lifeblood of our company and MuleSoft is looking for technically adept, customer-facing integration software engineers to engage, retain, and enable our customers to fully utilize the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform. The CS Engineer is ultimately responsible for the developer coaching and technical success of a portfolio of MuleSoft customers.
As a CS Engineer, you will guide our customer along a path to success and engage resources across MuleSoft to accelerate the expansion and adoption of MuleSoft within each customer. The ideal candidate will be as passionate about MuleSoft solutions as they are about providing an exceptional experience for every customer.
About the Position
Own the ultimate success of MuleSoft’s customers, including customer onboarding, project success, retention and renewal. You ensure that customers derive maximum value from their investments in MuleSoft and fully leverage their subscriptions and services on an ongoing basis.
- Own project success- manage weekly/bi-weekly cadence to monitor project progress, triage support cases, manage escalations with Support to ensure timely resolution of technical problems
- Drive platform adoption- identify opportunities for utilizing MuleSoft’s platform capabilities beyond immediate projects needs, evangelize and demo new platform feature/functionality, provide visibility into upcoming releases, act as conduit between customer and PM/Engineering
- Support platform onboarding in collaboration with Professional Services, assist in environment setup, license installation, provisioning user groups, provide hands-on apprenticeship to customers to get developers on-ramped, answer knowledge type questions, set up support portal, etc. and work cross-functionally with our support, services, and pre-sales teams to proactively manage each customer’s successful deployment
- Participate in the continuous improvement of MuleSoft products by making technical contributions and by providing critical updates from the field. Collaborate routinely with Customer Success Architects and Engineering/PM.
- Identify and develop new opportunities for expansion across the customer’s business and collaborate with the sales team to ensure subscription growth and increased solution footprint
- Play a role in contributing to architecture improvements, API design reviews, and code reviews within customers in order to help them to mature the platform using MuleSoft’s methodologies
- Learn, be familiar with MuleSoft solutions, positioning, competition, and product suite. Internalize MuleSoft customer success stories and Customer Success systems and processes
- Complete MuleSoft Fundamentals training and Associate Certification Exam
- Begin to engage your portfolio of customers. Become fluent in their history, their goals with MuleSoft, and the MuleSoft team supporting them
- Complete additional product training and certification
- Be fully ramped and executing against your initial portfolio of customers. Take ownership of the engagement, retention, and growth of your customers
- 3+ years Java implementation experience in enterprise software with demonstrated integration expertise and experience with MuleSoft or other related integration products
- Experience with XML, JMS, SOAP and/or Web Services (WS-*) and other SOA/Integration technologies
- Ability to code and debug against Java APIs
- Understanding of high-performance database management software, enterprise hosted/SaaS, and or CRM
- Experience using the Spring, Maven and related frameworks and technology is beneficial
- Experience delivering in scrum, agile, and other methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD, microservices, automated source control and testing tools and technologies is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Interest in learning integration architecture, and / or specialist skills such as performance tuning, network/VPC setup
- Self-starter with a proven track record of driving success and support and aligning complex customer environments at the technical level
- Ability to understand customer requirements and deepen penetration of MuleSoft solution within customer environment
- Excited about immersing yourself in a customer’s business, including pair programming and problem solving, and connecting the dots between one-off initiatives and a broader strategic vision
- Eager to contribute beyond your role and lead strategic initiatives to improve the customer experience with MuleSoft
- Fanatical about customer success and tenacious at driving long-term customer value
- Consistency. Excited about driving and tracking a consistent engagement process with all customers in your portfolio
- Excellent technical concept communication skills - superior academic performance
- Passionate about technology, a natural, credible evangelist and experienced in translating that passion into business impact for customers
- Previous experience with open source solutions (including contributions to open source projects) or with an annual subscription model is a plus
- Willingness to travel to spend time onsite with customers
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top