Commercial Account Executive, Public Sector
About The Position:
Are you looking for an opportunity to have significant impact at a great company while building your sales career? MuleSoft seeks a high-energy, execution-oriented Commercial Account Executive to drive revenue.
The Commercial Account Executive will take ownership of revenue generation, develop new opportunities, manage pipeline, create and execute account strategies, close large Commercial-level deals, and manage customer expansion for our award-winning and leading enterprise integration solutions.
The ideal candidate will possess the intelligence and aptitude to position the benefits of enterprise integration software, as well as the strategic thinking to drive a complex enterprise sales process within a Sales 2.0 business model. A strong track record of success is a must.
As an Account Executive, you will:
- Work within your assigned territory to establish and develop a strategy for identifying and closing new software and services sales opportunities directly with targeted key commercial accounts and new commercial prospects across multiple industry verticals
- Present MuleSoft solutions using appropriate value-based sales approaches and techniques, including team and consultative presentations and efforts
- Help to develop and execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- Manage complex sales-cycles across our entire portfolio of products and present the value of our enterprise integration solutions to the Director, Vice President, and C-level executives
- Interface with all levels of the target organizations, including IT architects, developers, and senior executives
- Collaborate and lead successful execution of sales activities with internal cross-functional teams and with senior management and corporate counsel through contract negotiation and signed contracts
- Manage all sales activity and monthly forecasting of revenue in Salesforce
- 4-6 months: Build a future opportunity pipeline that is 2 to 3 times the annual quota for the territory
- 12 months: Exceed annual sales quota
Projects and Supporting Objectives
- 30 days: Complete onboarding training and gain a sufficient working knowledge of MuleSoft’s product, value proposition, case studies, and competitive differentiation, as well as sales process, approval, and contracting processes
- 60 days: Evaluate and research accounts in territory, develop and begin execution of a prioritized territory attack plan, including generation of key account attack plans for top three accounts representing $100-$500k in ACV each
- 90 days: Collaborate with the marketing department to develop and/or execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- 4 months: Deliver a report to sales management on the health and engagement status of the territory, target verticals, solution requirements, key competitors, etc.
- Track record of consistent over-achievement in earnings in past new business sales roles (top 10-20% of company)
- Evidence of exceptional commitment to a process-driven sales approach and to accurate tracking and forecasting of all customer engagement and activity through the use of Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sales experience and track record with good solution selling experience
- Team player with the highest level of integrity - this is a MuleSoft core value
- Previous experience with open source solutions or with an annual subscription sales model a major plus
About Our Benefits:
- Equity and generous Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Private medical, dental and optical insurance (includes gym and health screening discounts)
- Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
- Income Protection Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Childcare vouchers
- Regular catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Annual MeetUp, our company-wide offsite to learn, grow, and connect
- 25 days holiday
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top