Cloud Solutions Architect
About the Team:
MuleSoft’s mission is to connect the world's applications, data and devices enabling our customers to transform their business.
We maintain an extremely high level of satisfaction across our customer base, and we take great pride in our operational efficiency, and the strength of the solutions we provide to our customers. In order to support our rapid growth and reach the next level of scale, we are currently seeking exceptionally talented systems and cloud architects who can drive successful customer integrations by extending the functionality of our Anypoint Platform and continuously enhance our engagement best practices.
About the Position:
The Cloud Solutions Architect provides technical leadership on MuleSoft Anypoint Platform most strategic customers. This person is primarily responsible for evaluating the customer’s technical and functional requirements and for developing a sound architectural blueprint in line with their business goals. The Systems Solutions Architect brings a deep understanding of Internet technologies, systems engineering, Cloud, networking and security to the team, helping to bridge the gap between customer requirements and platform existing functionality.
This person will be an influencer and thought leader and will also possess the in-depth technical expertise and credibility to provide detailed guidance to both customers, partners and MuleSoft product and engineering teams. The Systems Solutions Architect will also perform hands-on activities as required to ensure project success.
In this role you will:
- Conduct requirements gathering workshops and lead the solution design process jointly with customers, partners and MuleSoft engineering team
- Accelerate development for roadmap features, to address specific customer requirements
- Develop capabilities and features based on customer requirements, to extend MuleSoft Anypoint platform
- Define KPIs and set up appropriate health checks, monitoring and escalation procedures
- Articulate recommendations through compelling presentations and architectural blueprint documents to a variety of audiences, including client business management and experienced IT architects
- Capture project lessons and convert them into architectural best practices applicable to the broader install base; mentor and coach the internal team through internal training sessions.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to review customer requirements and feedback, and identify opportunities for platform enhancements
- Identify ongoing risks and pain points throughout the project, develop and implement mitigation measures
- Improve internal processes, and promote knowledge sharing in the team, by contributing to the knowledge base, blogs and brown bag lunches
- Participate in the continuous improvement of MuleSoft products by leading internal work groups and design sessions within Professional Services and across the company
- You will be able to hit the ground running, master Anypoint Platform connectivity model including VPC and VPN provisioning and troubleshooting. You will get familiar with MuleSoft core products and business training
- You will expand your Anypoint platform and products knowledge and get certified, while addressing customer inquiries and triaging issues of connectivity
- You will be capable in handling platform inquiries and issues and consult customers on network and security architecture
- 5+ years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing and supporting Enterprise-grade technical systems and networking solutions meeting complex business requirements
- Extensive experience with Internet technologies and protocols like TCP/IP, VPN, SSL and HTTP
- Hands-on experience with public and private cloud services, such as AWS, Openstack, VMWare, as well as load balancers and networking devices
- Deep knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- Knowledge of Open Source architectures and/or past contributions to open source projects
- Design, development and operations experience with highly-available, scalable and fault tolerant systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability especially with respect to understanding, documenting, and describing complex technical subjects
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent industry experience
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- Private medical
- Pension, child care vouchers, EAP and income protection benefits
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top