Client Architect, West Region
MuleSoft’s Pre-Sales Solutions Consulting team transforms vision into reality by leading and challenging our prospects and customers to a provocative point of view on connectivity, powered by our Anypoint Platform.
Our Pre-Sales Client Architects act as a trusted advisors to MuleSoft’s most strategic customers by demonstrating how MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform can help them increase the speed of innovation and agility with an application network strategy. As a MuleSoft Client Architect, you will partner closely with Account Executives throughout the sales cycle and perform deep enterprise wide discovery to diagnose customer pain points and develop an understanding of their current environment. You will use your Enterprise Architecture skills to articulate a roadmap, solution, and to-be architecture. By collaborating with Business Architects, Enterprise Architects and C-Level stakeholders, you will effectively communicate MuleSoft’s value proposition and business outcomes, with specific emphasis on an API-led reference architecture and C4E methodology.
Critically, your technical contributions and feedback from the field into Product Marketing, Product Management, Office of the CTO, and other key stakeholders will enable the continuous improvement of MuleSoft products and legacy of the company.
What you’ll achieve:
- Become an associate MuleSoft Developer and/or MuleSoft Certified Architect
- Complete MuleSoft’s Kickstart sales training
- Begin to build your architecture reframe and whiteboarding skills through shadowing and customer-scenario role playing
- Create a Self Service Asset on a relevant technical topic of interest
- Become certified in all Product, Architecture, and Sales Messaging trainings
- Successfully deliver your first Self Service Asset by end of second quarter
- Deliver product presentations and demonstrations that are tailored to the client’s technical requirements and audience
- Drive validation event strategies and Proof of Value (PoV) as part of an account team to demonstrate the art of the possible
- Lead a team of Solutions Consultants, Client Architects, and Consultants in scoping and planning the largest technical Validation Events
- Lead Pre-Sales engagements in the most complex opportunities, which show significant scale, advanced and new functionality usage, complex integration to the customer’s architecture, and require deployment in the largest customer organizations
- Proactively build account plans and maintain key stakeholder relationships in key accounts. Confidently engage both C-Level IT Staff as well as senior Business Leaders in Strategic Accounts with appropriate messaging
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience in evangelising new, thought provoking, and early-thinking technical and industry topics. Evangelizing at this level should include long term relationships in influential customers and presenting to large audiences at company and industry public events
- Expertise in a number of technical domains and Enterprise Architecture topics, such as middleware, Microservices, Security, Domain Driven Design, and ability to evolve with the industry and IT landscape
- Knowledgeable around specific core industries and can articulate key market, regulatory, and technology trends affecting the industry. Can advise customers on how a technology can align with strategic industry directions, pressures and trends
- Experience in development of customer-specific value propositions and roadmaps
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Value (PoVs) and responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs independently and effectively
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as needed and to work flexible hours throughout the sales territory
- Hands-on experience with middleware, integration architecture patterns, web services technologies, enterprise messaging patterns, APIs, SOA, ESB, BPM etc., is preferred
- Experience with cloud technologies such as iPaaS, SaaS applications, cloud infrastructure, etc., is preferred
About MuleSoft, a Salesforce company
Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world’s applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald’s, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring exceptional people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we’re committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work tirelessly to build this culture, and we’re proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and a best place to work 6 years in a row.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Account Development Representative
Dana’s role is to partner with MuleSoft’s Sales Team to drive new business. She collaborates with account executives to determine opportunities in the market to sell MuleSoft and help transform those organizations' businesses.
Back to top