Client Architect, East Region
About the Team:
The MuleSoft North America Solutions Consulting team is transforming how we drive Anypoint Platform deals by executing the MuleSoft vision of API-Led Connectivity with our prospects throughout the sales cycle. By leading and challenging our prospects and customers to a provocative point of view on connectivity, we are able to define solutions to drive business outcomes and build industry and business thought leadership.
About the Position:
As a Client Architect, you are responsible for actively formulating and leading the potential adoption of the MuleSoft platform solution across the enterprise, developing the provocative point of view that clearly shows how the MuleSoft solution exactly meets the needs of the client in the API-led economy, and act as a key member of the account and opportunity teams, working as the key solution advisor for strategic clients.
The Client Architect will have the breadth and depth of business development, technical skills and experience to pro-actively enable and drive accounts and opportunities across multiple business segments and markets. He/She will work in close co-operation with all the necessary cross-functional teams such as sales, marketing, professional services, customer success and product management in order to rapidly grow a successful business that is doubling year on year.
- 65% of your time will be spent in the field, performing deep discovery of customer pain points from both the technical and business perspective, and subsequently proposing a connectivity solution. You are a technologist at heart and will create and deliver custom product demonstrations to support the sales cycle, successfully manage and execute technical proof of concepts (POCs) on-site or remote, collect feedback from the field and work with Product Management and Engineering to incorporate product roadmap changes
- 35% of your time will be at the office focused on account planning, supporting marketing with evangelism activities (writing blogs, participating in demo-driven webinars, speaking at industry events), feeding into the continuous improvement of the MuleSoft products and vision and mentoring other members of the Solutions Consulting team
- Complete the on-boarding process to come up to speed on MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and strategic approach
- Deliver a presentation to the team around a current opportunity
- Shadow other Client Architects and Solution Consultants in customer meetings
- Internalize at least one of the industry insight frameworks
- Internalize three customer success stories
- Engaged with Sales, Service Delivery and Customer Success teams on opportunities
- Lead one or more opportunities and customers in driving MuleSoft strategic vision and architecture
- Demonstrate engagement with C Level executives
- Experience in Java development and Enterprise software
- Deep understanding of enterprise technologies and business context at the strategic enterprise level
- A passion for selling and winning - a demonstrated track record of growing and closing enterprise deals of increasing size
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter mentality with the ability to excel in a dynamic environment
- Integration product experience is preferred (but not required). Other integration vendors include IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, etc.
- Experience with XML, JMS, SOAP and/or Web Services (WS-*) and other SOA/Integration technologies
- Experience responding to functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Ability to code and debug against Java APIs (past experience as a Java Developer preferred)
- Understanding of high-performance database management software, enterprise hosted/SaaS, and or CRM
- Experience using the Spring, Maven and related frameworks and technology is beneficial
- Able to travel throughout sales territory
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Mac or PC
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top