Business Outcomes Consultant, North America
About The Team:
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference at a high-growth, pre-IPO powerhouse while building your career?
Acquiring new customers is the growth engine at MuleSoft. We are looking for strategic, sales-focused and results-driven people to work on our most important accounts during the sales cycle to:
-Identify potential business outcomes that a company could realize using MuleSoft.
-Determine the value at stake; what it could be worth to that company.
-Recommend what the company would need to do to make it happen (with a technical focus).
As a Business Outcomes Consultant, you will be paired with a Business Outcomes Technical Consultant to help drive new customer acquisition through delivery of Business Outcomes Engagements.
These engagements will be 2-4 week engagements where you and your colleague will identify a customer’s current pain points, determine how MuleSoft can solve those pain points and deliver/present a compelling case to senior executives to convince them that MuleSoft can enable them to drive to true business outcomes.
This highly visible role will enable a person to be a part of the selling account team on the most important accounts at MuleSoft; build expertise in consultative selling; and engage senior executives on their most pressing issues. In addition, this role will be on the ground floor in helping to build a new critical function/capability at MuleSoft.
About The Position:
- Own the full Business Outcomes Engagement (paired with the Business Outcomes Technical Consultant) at each priority prospect including: scoping the approach, conducting the executive and team interviews, running workshops and presenting the recommendations to the company executives.
- Own a benchmark database to house both recommended and realized outcomes. Work with customer success managers to gather realized outcomes to use as a basis for the recommendations.
- Develop standard approaches to these engagements including process, interview guides, tools and presentation templates.
- Be the expert and mentor to account teams. For accounts that require this work to be done by the account team (Account Executive and Solutions Consultant), provide training and expertise to help them be self -sufficient with a lighter weight version of these engagements.
- 30 days: Learn, be familiar with MuleSoft solutions, positioning, competition and product suite. Internalize MuleSoft customer business outcomes success stories and the existing best practices for conducting these business outcomes engagements.
- 60 days: Begin executing business outcomes engagements.
- 90 days: Be fully ramped and executing business outcomes engagements and providing support/expertise to the other account teams you are not directly working with.
- 3-4 years of experience at a consulting firm post business school (strategy and/or IT consulting preferred).
- Self-starter with a proven track record of achievement.
- Ability to understand customer pain points, how to build recommendations/actions to solve those pain points and how to measure the impact.
- Excited about immersing yourself in a customer’s business and connecting the dots to how MuleSoft can truly impact their business.
- Eager to contribute beyond your role and help to build this function from the ground up.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, written skills and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of both engaging and challenging senior executives with a strong point of view.
- Passionate about technology, a natural, credible evangelist and experienced in translating that passion into business impact for customers.
- Previous experience with open source solutions or with an annual subscription sales model is a plus.
- Willingness to travel to spend significant time on-site with strategic customers.
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Mac or PC
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top