Build and Release Software Engineer
About the Position:
Nothing is more important than a clean and consistent build. Without it, code integration cannot happen, QA cannot test, and software cannot be delivered into the hands of eager customers. Every team needs a go-to person to maintain and tune the build system, source code management, test infrastructure, and related software distribution tools and scripts. If you want to be that person, check this out.
- Work in Engineering services team to implement and maintain highly scalable build and release solutions including continuous delivery, optimization, monitoring, release management and support all Mulesoft products.
- Partner closely with DevOps, Software Engineers and SET to ensure our new features and products are delivered to customers seamlessly and efficiently.
- Should have direct experience working with cutting edge source code management, build release management tools.
- Solely responsible for defining and implementing strategies for continuous integration and release management.
- Partner with stakeholders in engineering leadership to drive the adoption of application deployment strategies (on-premise and cloud) and bring consistency across all the product teams.
- Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management
- Function as our subject matter expert on build and release engineering. Independently guide development teams through continuous integration adoption.
- Apply principles of SDLC that are applicable to move code from developer laptop to customer env.
- Able to deliver commercial products for on-premise and in IAAS / PAAS / SAAS environments.
- Create and implement branch and merge strategies.
- Should be able to work with various release management tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MS in Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline.
- You are passionate about efficiency and operational excellence.
- You are naturally curious about new developments in the build and release space.
- Strong knowledge of Agile and Scrum practices, git-flow, and external branch management.
- Experience with design, development and testing of automated deployment scripts in cloud and On Premise environments.
- Experience of build tools like Gradle, Ant, Maven.
- Strong scripting skills (bash, Python, SQL, PERL, etc).
- Strong experience using devops tools like Terraform, Salt Stack, etc.
- Strong understanding of operating systems, especially Linux (RedHat, Ubuntu).
- Operational Knowledge of NoSQL software like Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch.
- Experience working with container technology such as Vagrant and/or Docker.
- Experience working with version control systems (git, github, Subversion, SVN, etc).
- Experience with cloud platform ( AWS, Azure and other industry leading technologies etc)
- Experience architecting or managing AWS (or similar cloud infrastructure).
- Experience administering and integrating Jira, Jenkins, Maven, Git, code coverage, static code analysis, security tools and native automation tools into CI/CD pipeline.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with engineering managers with confidence and clarity.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salaries + twice yearly market salary revisions
- OSDE 310 health care for you and your family
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Mac or PC
- Top quality offices with spacious working space
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches
- Onsite English lessons. Opportunities to travel to our HQ in San Francisco
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top