Big Data Infrastructure Engineer
The MuleSoft Analytics team is responsible for reliably ingesting high-volume streams of data from multiple systems, enriching that data, processing it, and providing real-time queries, visualizations, insights, alerts, and other features from it. As Anypoint Platform grows in functionality and complexity, MuleSoft Analytics is responsible for providing services, infrastructure for visualization and machine learning over the different streams of data generated by the multiple components of the platform. To maintain and manage these data streams, we’ve developed a scalable platform that relies on Cassandra, Kafka, Spark and Elasticsearch.
We are looking for someone with experience scaling and operationalizing Cassandra, Kafka, Spark and Elasticsearch at scale. As a Big Data Infrastructure Engineer at MuleSoft, you will constantly be presented with new challenges of enormous scope and variety. On any given day, you might be troubleshooting a performance degradation of our Cassandra cluster, writing automation code to help a broken Elasticsearch cluster to recover automatically, implementing new monitoring logic, or providing SALT scripts for fully automate a blue-green deployment in our pipeline.
We’re looking for a technology generalist with a strong bias to action, excellent analytical skills, and a taste for good engineering. In exchange, we offer an unbeatable work environment, autonomy and support to do what’s right, generous compensation and unlimited room for growth.
Goals for your first three months:
- Get a good understanding of the different pieces of the MuleSoft Analytics stack
- Get familiar with our CI/CD pipeline and scripting technologies part of our stack
- Deploy to production minor a bug fix or improvement
- Lead a medium complex development that automates and reduces the operational inefficiencies
- Work side-by-side with the DevOps and Development team to fully automatize a new feature deployment
- Have the knowledge and tools to fully operate our big data technology stack
- Require minimal guidance on daily operationalization of the systems and development
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience operating a large-scale, high-uptime Cassandra, Kafka or Elasticsearch clusters on a public cloud provider like AWS or Azure
- Strong background in Linux systems, including shell scripting and performance tuning
- Previous experience scaling up with zero-downtime big data technologies such as Cassandra or Elasticsearch
- Excellent understanding of Internet technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc)
- Coding skills in Python, PHP, or another interpreted language like Perl or Ruby
- Knowledge about deployment and maintenance of Java backend-end applications
- Experience using a configuration management tool like SaltStack, Puppet or Chef
- Familiarity with general monitoring principles, as well as tools like Zabbix, Grafana, Nagios, New Relic, Stackdriver, Icinga, and Pingdom
- Knowledge about containerization technologies such as Docker
About Our Benefits:
- Equity and generous Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Unlimited vacation
- Commute up the Peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Annual MeetUp, our company-wide offsite to learn, grow, and connect
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health insurance, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top