Associate Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant
About the Team:
Are you looking for a career-defining opportunity with a company at the intersection of some of today’s most disruptive technologies, providing the platform to connect the explosion of applications, data and devices? Do you have a background in development and a passion for understanding both the business and technical needs of the customer? If the answer is yes to these questions, then we want to talk to you about our Associate Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant opportunity.
About the Position:
The Associate Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant is an essential part of the sales cycle, evangelizing and articulating the value of the MuleSoft platform and understanding how we can create a solution to meet each individual customer’s needs. S/he should have the desire to establish and maintain strong client relationships throughout the sales cycle and will not only be able to influence the roadmap of our customers but also influence our product roadmap by communicating market needs to the Product Management team. S/he will have a solid technical background in development and will have the opportunity to combine technical knowledge and business acumen.
The Associate Solutions Consultant is responsible for actively driving and leading the technology and solution evaluation of the MuleSoft platform, developing the provocative point of view that clearly shows how the MuleSoft solution exactly meets the needs of the client in the API-led economy. This person is an integral member of the account and opportunity teams, working as the key solution and technical advisor for the client.
The Associate Solutions Consultant will successfully deliver the MuleSoft platform solution with the level of experience, depth of business acumen and technical knowledge to successfully execute the end-to-end solution engagement. Additional responsibilities range from qualification and discovery to finding solutions with the ability to take the client’s business needs, apply them within the context of the clients architecture and environment, and develop the proof points that include all activities from facilitating workshops through implementing proof of concepts to delivering proposals.
- Learn MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and MuleSoft IP
- Learn integration challenges and common architecture patterns
- Achieve MuleSoft Developer Essentials certification
- Internalize three customer success stories
- Participate in one or more opportunities
- Achieve MuleSoft Developer Advanced certification
- Deliver first MBO
- Demonstrate engagement with architect and developer level
- Deliver a presentation to the team around solving a hypothetical integration use case with Anypoint Platform
- Deliver a whiteboard presentation on API-led Connectivity, MuleSoft's recommended approach to today's integration challenges
- Understanding of popular technologies, combined with hands-on development skills (experience with Java or languages that run on JVM, and cloud deployment or cloud development platforms experience are a plus)
- Experience with XML, JSON, JMS, REST, SOAP
- Ability to code and debug against coding APIs and web APIs (past experience as a Java Developer preferred)
- Experience using Spring, Maven or similar frameworks and technologies is beneficial
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database management software, enterprise hosted/SaaS, and/or CRM
- Integration product experience is preferred but not required (e.g. IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, Informatica, Cast Iron, Dell-Boomi, Jitterbit, etc)
- Experience in invoking SaaS applications API, such as Salesforce.com, Workday, Netsuite, Eloqua, Taleo, SuccessFactors, Rightnow, ServiceNow, Ariba etc a bonus but not required
- Experience within Pre-Sales a plus
- Ability to travel and work effectively throughout the assigned territory
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Gym discounts and weekly on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Fully stocked kitchen daily, catered lunches three times a week
- Annual company-wide weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning, and inspiration
- Office activities led by MulePack, including office happy hours and family nights
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Team Lead, Account Development
Tracy coaches, trains, and provides continuous sales education for her MuleSoft Account Development Representative Team. She executes on finding qualify opportunities that result in closed won business.
Back to top