Associate Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant
About The Position:
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference at a high-growth, pre-IPO powerhouse while building your career? We are looking for an ambitious candidate with a background in development to join us as an Associate Pre-sales Solutions Consultant within our Solutions Consulting team. This person will be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong client relationships throughout the sales cycle with a passion for understanding the business and technical needs of the customer. This position is an essential part of the sales cycle, evangelising and articulating the value of the MuleSoft platform and understanding how we can create a solution to meet each individual customer’s needs. The Associate Pe-Sales Solutions Consultant will not only be able to influence the roadmap of our customers but also influence our product roadmap by communicating market needs to the Product Management team.
The Associate Pre-Sales Solution Consultant is responsible for actively driving and leading the technology and solution evaluation of the MuleSoft platform, developing the provocative point of view that clearly shows how the MuleSoft solution exactly meets the needs of the client in the API-led economy, and is an integral member of the account and opportunity teams, working as the key solution and technical advisor for the client.
The Associate Pre-Sales Solution Consultant will successfully deliver the MuleSoft platform solution with the level of experience, depth of business acumen and technical knowledge to successfully execute the end-to-end solution engagement. The responsibilities range from qualification and discovery through finding solutions with the ability to take the client’s business needs, apply them within the context of the clients architecture and environment and develop the proof points that include all activities from facilitating workshops through implementing proof of concepts to delivering proposals.
The Associate Pre-Sales Solution Consultant will have a solid technical background in development (experience within Pre-Sales is not necessary) and have the opportunity to combine technical knowledge and business acumen while working in close co-operation with all the necessary cross-functional teams such as Sales, Marketing, Professional Services, Customer Success and Product Management in order to rapidly grow a successful business that is doubling year on year.
- Solid educational and development track record
- Understanding of popular technologies, combined with hands-on development skills (experience with Java or languages that run on JVM, and cloud deployment or cloud development platforms experience are a plus)
- Experience with XML, JSON, JMS, Rest, SOAP
- Ability to code and debug against coding APIs and web APIs (past experience as a Java Developer preferred)
- Experience using Spring, Maven or similar frameworks and technologies is beneficial
- Understanding of SQL and NOSQL database management software, enterprise hosted/SaaS, and or CRM
- Integration product experience is preferred (but not required), for example; IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, Informatica, Cast Iron, Dell-Boomi, or Jitterbit, etc.
- Experience in invoking SaaS applications API such as; Salesforce.com, Workday, Netsuite, Eloqua, Taleo, SuccessFactors, Rightnow, ServiceNow, Ariba etc a bonus but not required
- Able to travel and work effectively throughout the assigned territory
- EMEA languages a bonus, especially German and French
This is a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment -- we are looking for smart, high energy candidates who are looking to make a big impact, and who want to work alongside a great team to do so. We work closely together and put in startup hours, so you must be a team player! The perfect candidate will thrive on the prospect of taking on huge challenges and will “move the needle” at MuleSoft by driving programs through feats of flawless execution.
30 Day Goal:
- Learn MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and MuleSoft IP
- Learn integration challenges and common architecture options
- Achieve MuleSoft Developer Essentials certification
60 Day Goal:
- Internalise three customer success stories
- Participate in one or more opportunities
- Achieve MuleSoft Developer Advanced certification
90 Day Goal:
- Deliver first MBO
- Demonstrate engagement with architect and developer level
- Deliver a presentation to the team around solving an hypothetical integration use case with Anypoint Platform
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- Private medical
- Pension, child care vouchers, EAP and income protection benefits
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
MuleSoft is an explosive-growth, well-funded company on a mission to connect the world's applications, data and devices. $593B is spent each year connecting applications, data and devices, and the challenge is growing dramatically with the explosion of cloud, big data, mobile and the Internet of Things.
We're "productizing" integration -- making it as easy to connect systems and companies as it is to connect with friends on Facebook. MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform™ enables companies to unlock the full potential of their applications and data through API-led connectivity, both on-premises and in the cloud, and our growth continues to accelerate. Our platform is used by organizations in over 60 countries, from emerging companies to Global 500 enterprises including Mastercard, Unilever, Tesla, Intuit, BSkyB and Verizon among others.
We're building a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and inspire each other. MuleSoft is recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 company and 2015 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor. If you want to have a big impact on our success, love working in high performing teams and have the track record to prove it, visit us at www.mulesoft.com/careers and check out our openings in San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, Buenos Aires, Sydney, Singapore, London, and more.
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or to any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company.
Back to top