Accounting Operations Manager
Do you want to work for a Pre-IPO powerhouse? Do you want to work with great people? MuleSoft is going through a period of explosive growth, and we want a manager of our accounting operations who will build a scalable payroll and procure-to-pay infrastructure (including both vendors and employees). This individual will also be responsible for supervising the payroll for US and Canada and the entire accounts payable function for an international company.
They will be responsible for creating, implementing and managing systems that will have an impact on every person in our organization. It is critical that these systems and processes be customized to enable flexibility and rapid decision making in MuleSoft’s environment.
About the Role:
You will provide financial leadership on cross-functional initiatives involving personnel, procurement, cash forecasting, compliance, financial planning, information technology and operations and establish a framework to ensure sound and information-based decision making within the organization. This person will be working out of our San Francisco headquarters and will report to the Vice President and Corporate Controller. The Team consists of 2 direct reports (Payroll Administrator and Sr. Accounts Payable Administrator). Become an industry leader as we revolutionize the $600 billion dollar integration market.
- Meet with the individuals reporting to you to learn about goals, talents, etc.
- Develop a complete understanding of our current Payroll and Procure to Pay procedures/processes
- Meet your coworkers and begin to establish relationships with peers to ensure success for cross functional collaboration and team projects including IT, Tax, PeopleOperations, and General Accounting.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and implement enhancements that will improve the overall efficiency, internal controls and automation of the payroll and procure-to-pay cycle
- Review and evaluate staffs’ goals and objectives
After 90 days:
- Continue to manage the payroll and accounts payable process including reviewing all Payroll and related activity (benefits, company expenses, bonuses, etc); Expense Reports, A/P invoices, backup for entering A/P invoices, overseeing weekly check runs, wire transfers and ACH payments among other activities
- Investigate and resolve employee and vendor payment issues
- Manage the W-2 and 1099 process
- Implement, maintain and enforce key policies and procedures
- Manage corporate credit cards and the process for submitting these expense reports and receipts
- Complete Month end tasks related to Payroll and Accounts Payable, including A/P accruals, reconciliation of AP subsidiary ledger to general ledger, and corporate credit card reconciliations
- Assist with audits by providing supporting schedules, reconciliations, pulling selections and interfacing with external auditors as required
- Work with the VP and Corporate Controller in establishing the next set of goals for you and your team as MuleSoft continues it’s expansion.
- Domestic Payroll and International A/P experience which includes domestic entity using foreign vendors and foreign entity A/P processing
- Knowledge and experience with NetSuite, Workday and Concur is a plus
- Outstanding attention to detail combined with an understanding of the big picture, including the positive and negative impacts that procurement and expense management can have on business momentum
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues, managers and executives
- A “do whatever it takes” attitude
- Familiarity with US GAAP and SOX 404 controls
- W-2 and 1099 experience (NetSuite a plus)
- An affinity for a strong company culture with smart teammates that care about making a huge impact
About Our Benefits:
- Pre-IPO equity
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) and pre-tax health care, dependent care and commuter benefits (FSA)
- “No policy” vacation policy
- Commute up the peninsula on the MuleSoft shuttle
- Gym discounts and on-site yoga classes
- Mac or PC
- Fully stocked kitchen, regular catered lunches, weekly happy hours, family nights
- Annual, all-company weeklong MeetUp trip for collaboration, learning and inspiration
Back to top