Account Development Representative
Do you believe that good is the enemy of great and strive to be the best version of yourself?
MuleSoft’s high impact Account Development team is looking for highly motivated and strategic players to join us in pushing the limits of outcome-based selling. As a MuleSoft Account Development Representative, you will lead our Sales organization to the highest quality, quantity, and velocity of strategic pipeline through deep discovery and research, engaging and inspiring prospects towards the path of success in the budding API economy. Our Account Development Representatives fuel the revenue engine for MuleSoft--creating new opportunities with a best-in-class software sales team through collaborative account planning and engagement with C-Level and Executive stakeholders in Fortune 100 companies.
Working on the Account Development team here at MuleSoft provides ample opportunity to explore various roles outside of AD, including outside sales, Customer Success, Services, and Technical Pre-Sales, and with a historical promotion rate of 61% outside of the core AD role, this is your chance to launch your career in enterprise software sales.
What you’ll achieve:
- Attend week-long Kickstart enablement in San Francisco with broader Field Sales organization
- Master the MuleSoft messaging and comfortably present CIO narrative
- Plan for hitting activity/business plan metrics
- 4-week “Sales MBA” split across San Francisco and your base region: learn sales methodology/techniques to ensure success in the role
- Partner closely with senior Account Executives to build territory strategy and business plan
- Effectively own and operate your business by leveraging data and metrics, tooling, and best practices to sell into territory of accounts
- Consistently hit quota and have mastered the basic workflow
- Capable of owning a customer meeting and effectively selling into VP and C-Levels of multi-billion dollar revenue companies
- Build mastery in Challenger Selling and MuleSoft's Outcome Based Selling methodology
- Mentor and train others in the role
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong academic background and performance
- Quantitative track record of exceptional performance and a strong professional trajectory
- Experience with failure and track record of learning and engaging new ideas
- Strategic thinking with a bias towards action
- Independent work style – you own your own book of business
- Ownership – you take ownership of your results and often look for ways to improve; you see challenges as opportunities instead of obstacles
- You are a challenger – you love connecting the dots in business strategy and are comfortable bringing a provocative point of view to any internal or customer facing meeting. You are radically candid in your feedback and are constantly seeking feedback in return
- Sales-focused is a plus
- Opportunity to travel (not required)
What you’ll get from us:
We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. As a Muley, you’ll receive comprehensive health benefits, life insurance, paid parental leave, 401K, equity, and flexible vacation time. Plus the fun stuff, like volunteer opportunities, MeetUp, our annual all-company offsite in San Diego, and most offices have a fully stocked kitchen and regular catered lunches. Check out our Life at MuleSoft page to learn more!
Meet Some of MuleSoft's Employees
Account Development Representative
Dana’s role is to partner with MuleSoft’s Sales Team to drive new business. She collaborates with account executives to determine opportunities in the market to sell MuleSoft and help transform those organizations' businesses.
Back to top