Volcker Compliance Testing, Vice President
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
We are looking for compliance testing professionals like you! Are you ready to make a positive impact?
- You will be responsible for executing Volcker Compliance Testing in Latin America, Canada and the United States. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and applicable bank policies and procedures.
- You will coordinate globally with European and Asian offices on Volcker reviews, and advise global teams on the best Volcker rule practices, specifically with trading desks under the Trading Outside of the U.S.(TOTUS) designation.
- You will perform testing for selected organizational units with respect to Volcker, using a continuous risk-based, independent and structured framework.
- You will conduct appropriate IT general control testing and develop test scripts that assess the design of the control structure and environment; test the existing controls to ensure they are functioning, as intended, and review testing results to ensure proper treatment of identified issues.
- Ensure timely issuance of the Testing Reports and Documents and analyze identified exceptions and assess criticality of compliance-related risk.
- You will review remedial measures; ensuring the developed and implemented actions by business unit or branch management effectively address existing related risks, as well as prevent future occurrences.
Is this the job for you? Do you have the following skills and requirements?
- A Bachelor's Degree in International Studies, Business or Finance
- 3-5 years of experience in compliance, risk management or internal audit.
- You have working knowledge of the Volcker Rule specifically with the TOTUS designation.
- You have experience and knowledge with Dodd-Frank Act - Swap Dealer regulations, Markets controls and other U.S. Securities Laws and Regulations.
- You have previous experience working in a global organization, particularly as it relates to global markets activities and familiarity with systems for booking, reporting and recording of derivatives transactions.
- Deep understanding of Compliance Testing standards and methodologies.
- You will draft and implement test scripts.
- You work with minimal direct supervision
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- MS Excel and Word proficiency
- Experience with Bloomberg, Calypso and other market systems
- Fluent in Portuguese and/or Spanish
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top