Transformation Delivery Excellence Manager, Director
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Transformation Delivery Excellence Manager, Director
The Transformation Delivery Excellence Manager sits within the Transformation Program Office (TPO), and collaborates with the Delivery Excellence Manager. This position will lead the quality assurance framework creation for whole life of key Transformation project including establishment of robust guidance. This also includes supporting program execution activities for Pillars and Agile Programs that includes partnering with Pillar and Agile PMs and Project teams to develop a successful execution path in order to meet the Program objectives. With Delivery Excellence Enterprise Architect, support review and challenge of Pillars and Agile project key deliverables, progress and status, and ensure appropriate critical issue of issues & risks to senior management in order to drive efforts and address roadblocks. Support overall project management activities across Pillars and Agile Programs including change management, budget management, and resource management
MUFG Americas is embarking on a business and technology transformation to effectively deliver five key business imperatives: Growth, Business Agility, Client Experience, Effective Controls, and Collaboration. The Transformation Program is comprised of several large pillars, each of which is itself a large program:
The Core Banking Transformation Program is a multi-year effort that will deliver a world-class Deposit Platform for consumer, small business, commercial and transaction banking to enable the bank's competitive market position. This will serve our customers' best interests by providing an improved product suite and improved channel functionality, increased financial performance, and it will also eliminate significant legacy platforms.
The Data Governance, Infrastructure & Reporting Program is a multi-year effort that will establish a new data strategy for MUFG, drive a foundational clean-up of the data capabilities across the enterprise, deliver a holistic operating model, rationalize and modernize reporting processes and output, and simplify data systems & architecture.
The Technology Modernization Program is a multi-year effort that will implement a scalable, secure, compliant, and efficient technology platform; enable the Technology organization to be 'fit for growth' to meet future acquisition, customer growth, and product needs; drive a step-change reduction in technology operating costs; increase speed-to-market; minimize residual risk; and ensure security and compliance.
The Agile Program is a multi-year effort that will design, develop and implement an auditable agile framework for the enterprise by reengineering upstream and downstream processes; create a product-centric organization to maximize agile standard methodologies, while maintaining the principles of the IT Strategy and Planning process; increase business value and employee engagement; reduce number of manually-created artifacts required to satisfy risk control objectives; improve throughput of project delivery while reducing turnaround of year over year project appropriations; architect a number of enhancements including a service-oriented platform, migration to the cloud, rationalizing our application portfolio, and overhauling delivery processes.
- Well versed in the application of a formalized/rigorous project management methodology (Waterfall/Agile)
- Right recognition of characteristics and risk area of each project in Transformation Program
- Present quality level of project deliverables according to the project character and risk.
- Coordinates across Pillars/Agile/Project teams to review key deliverables, status reports, funding requests, and monitor resource plans.
- Ability to follow Enterprise Program Management standards, documentation and reporting requirements
- Meticulous project Status Reporting, Issue/Resolution Tracking, Risk Management
- Monitor projects for risks and issues and use experience to predict future risks and suggest mitigation strategies
- Analytical capability to identify issues and risks
- Effective Test and Conversion Management
- Ability to execute and solve problems
- Financial Services business and technology understanding
- Expertise in MS Office Suite and Jira
- Strong Leadership skills
- Good Communication & Presentation Skills (makes complex issues accessible to business audience, clear, concise, and audience appropriate)
- Detail oriented
- Capacity to take on new projects and technologies
- Strict approach to business and people management processes
- Client satisfaction focused- prompt and effective communications and follow-up is provided
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Economics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years banking or equivalent consulting experience as project manager with strong strategic management and planning expertise
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Solid understanding and planning skills in all aspects of the system's/business project life-cycle, i.e., enhancements, user requirements, application configuration and usage using MS Project as the project planning tool.
- Aptitude to prioritize and analyze a list of measurable product or service characteristics along with associated target values
- Validated relationship and influence management skills
- Banking or Financial Services deep domain expertise and/or general technical skills highly desirable.
- Collaborates and Builds Partnerships: works effectively and agilely in a team environment; addresses conflict appropriately; builds productive relationships with business partners, and teammates in order to achieve targeted business results
- Communicates Skillfully, Effectively and Professionally: engages audiences at multiple levels, and communicates clearly and visibly, both verbally, in writing, and in presentations
- Learning agility and adaptability
- Demonstrates innovative thinking that generates new ideas
- Ability to provide creative solutions to solve complex problems
- Skillfully evens risk and reward, and influences partners in order to strike the appropriate risk mitigation and acceptance
- Leads change by role-modeling new behaviors and thinking, and motivating others to embrace new ideas and contribute to actions necessary for bank success
- Consistently identifies areas for iterative, continuous improvement that enhance quality, effectiveness, efficiency
- Demonstrates inclusiveness through an appreciation of diverse thinking and varied perspectives
- Has a disciplined approach to business and people management processes
- Understanding of and experience with Project Management Methodology
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top