Transaction Monitoring Technology Manager
- Charlotte, NC
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Transaction Monitoring Technology Manager, Vice President
As a part of Compliance Technology, the Transaction Monitoring Technology Manager will lead a geographically dispersed development and implementation team to plan and execute projects to enhance transaction monitoring controls. Additionally the Manager is responsible for Business-As-Usual support of transaction monitoring systems.
The Manager will work closely with geographically disbursed stakeholders across a variety of businesses and functions, including Home Office staff in Tokyo. A strong track record of execution and delivery, leadership and mentoring, and influencing across organizations is essential. The Manager must be experienced in presenting to executives and department heads, have a minimum of 10 years' in-depth experience in banking, Compliance and Technology, and be a proficient risk manager. The manager must be very familiar with transaction monitoring scenarios, especially for correspondent banking and corporate banking, and with various Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Drive implementation of multiple complex project/program initiatives, working closely with cross-functional teams to achieve milestones within established timeframes
- Collaborate with project teams, business and technology partners, vendors to jointly identify and document functional (business, process) and non-functional (scalability, reliability, etc.) requirements
- Ensure consistent visibility for program and project teams by monitoring and reporting business objectives, program/project achievements, and key indicators
- Proactively ensure effective and efficient execution of projects and internal initiatives, and deep dive where necessary to solve problems, to ensure on schedule delivery of high quality products and service
- Proactively identify risks and communicate with project stakeholders and executive/senior management
- Draft technology related project documents including functional and detailed design documents, ensuring that the design meets requirements
- Research and provide guidance on new and emerging technologies and architectural standards; engage with subject matter experts to incorporate feedback while designing solutions
- Coordinate project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions
- Deliver improvements to existing systems and processes
- Perform Cost Benefit Analyses and ensure that projects adhere to anticipated Internal Rates of Return
- Assess the impact of new applications, technologies, strategies and business requirements on existing technologies
- Draft and review contracts including Master Service Agreements, Software Licensing Agreements, Statements of Work and other vendor agreements
- Manage a team of approximately six full time employees and several consultants
- 10+ years' experience implementing technology solutions at large banks or financial institutions
- 5+ years' experience directly managing employees
- 5+ years' experience implementing/managing transaction monitoring systems such as Actimize and SAS AML
- Advanced SQL skills
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Knowledge of AML risks and controls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to executive level management and department heads
- Strong problem-solving, lateral thinking, communications, project management, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills; with the ability to create solid written project artifacts
- The ability to effectively handle a fast-paced environment and successfully meet established deadline requirements
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist preferred
- Experience with SAS AML preferred
- Knowledge of SWIFT and Fed wire formats preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses
Back to top