Transaction Monitoring Specialist, Assistant Vice President
- Irving, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Reporting into the Americas Head of Financial Crimes Transaction Monitoring, this new position has been created for the purpose of establishing FCOA IA -TM Transaction Monitoring capabilities.
One of several key positions in the new Americas Financial Crimes Division Operations function, this position will be responsible for (1) helping to identify AML detection scenarios, (2) provide analytics support for developing, tuning, optimizing and modifying segmentation to improve transaction monitoring (3) customer segmentation (4) helping to coordinate the implementation of scenarios, which detect financial crime and (5) create statically representative samples to ensure that risk is not missed below the threshold. The incumbent is responsible for supporting leadership to enable continuing improvement to the transaction monitoring capabilities and further mitigate potential financial crime.
• In connection with the Global Financial Crimes program -
• Develop mathematical or statistical theory to interpret transactional, customer data to monitor their activity
• Identify relationships and trends of historical transactional data for clustering for AML transaction monitoring
• Analyze the clusters/relationships and present the information to Senior Managers in the data visualization tools
• Create statistical representative samples for ATL/BTL testing in order to validate that the transaction monitoring model is effective and functioning accordingly.
• Process large amount of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis.
• Perform model validation, memorializing model selection rationales and defined assumptions.
• Develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods in order to monitor new typologies and emerging risks.
• Develop data mining methodologies, including logistic regression, random forest, xgboost and Bayesian networks
• Support the development of policies and procedures for AML transaction monitoring life cycle, including reviews of scenario validation, segmentation and optimization tools.
• Support large strategic optimization and segmentation program to enhance and tune MUFG's Americas AML Transaction Monitoring Program.
• Recommend customer segmentation and optimization for MUFG's Americas AML monitoring system across multiple lines of business.
• Coordinate with regional/Global Intelligence & Analytics teams to implement on the Americas model.
• Work collaboratively across functional teams within FCOA-IA to ensure effective and efficient operations with clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
• Bachelor Degree in Math, Computer Science, Statistics
• 5 or more years' experience designing, analyzing, testing and/or validating BSA/AML models.
• Familiarity of current compliance rules and regulations of the FRB, SEC, OCC, FATF, FinCEN, OFAC, and familiarity with USA PATRIOT Act, BSA/AML and OFAC screening regulations.
• Prior experience designing compliance program tuning and configuration methodologies, including what-if detection scenario analytics, excess over threshold, and sampling above/below-the-line (ATL/BTL) testing.
• Proven track record of strong quantitative testing and statistical analysis techniques as it pertains to BSA/AML models, including name similarity matching, classification accuracy testing, unsupervised/supervised machine learning, neural networks, fuzzy logic matching, decision trees, etc.
• Knowledge of mathematics particularly statistics.
• Ability to code using SAS or R or Python.
• Ability to solve problems through mathematical and deductive reasoning.
• Familiarity implementing, testing or evaluating performance of financial crime and compliance systems.
• Working knowledge of one or more of the following programming platforms: SAS, R, Python, SQL, VBA, etc.
• Familiarity with vendor models like SAS-AML, Actimize SAM, SearchSpace, RDC, and Bridger Insight.
• Strong knowledge about model risk management and associated regulatory requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, mathematics, statistics, quantitative analysis, economics or related field is required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Experience interacting with the Executive Committee Leadership, control function leadership, and compliance subject matter experts
• Proven excellence in execution in complex and demanding situations
• Collaborative with strong interpersonal communication skills
• Systemic thinker across enterprise
• Process oriented coupled with a strong ability to develop appropriate program enhancing strategies
• Detail-oriented and organized execution
• Executive level presentation skills
• An Enterprise Risk Management perspective
• Experience interfacing with banking regulators and enforcement staff
• Thorough understanding of an effective financial crimes risk management framework
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• The ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, including Bank staff, management, directors and prudential regulators
• Ability to work autonomously and initiate and prioritize own work
• Ability to work with teams of project managers
• Solid judgment, strong negotiating skills, and a practical approach to implementation - including knowledge of Bank systems
• Ability to balance regulatory requirements with the best interests of the Bank and its customers
• Ability to prepare analytical reports and visual representation of information.
• Ability to apply mathematical principles or statistical approaches where needed to solve problems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top