Technology as a Service Lead, Director
- Arlington, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Technology as a Service Lead
The Technology Modernization Leadership Team seeks an Technology-as-a-Service Lead to serve as the accountable Leader for the creation and execution of end-to-end automation capabilities ("as-a-service") enabling value case realization and dramatically improving Enterprise IT service delivery as defined and enabled by the Transformation Strategy and Roadmap.
- Partner across key stakeholders (e.g. Enterprise Architecture) on the development and management of the Transformation automation and orchestration strategy and roadmap for key capabilities such as Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Database-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service (e.g. IaaS)
- Definition and management of the Automation & Orchestration Value Case including management of Stakeholders in the dedication and delivery of committed savings outcomes (e.g. role elimination through automated legacy processes) with projected savings aligned to overall Transformation value case
- Leading a Team of Infrastructure Developers, serve as the accountable Leader for the delivery, improvement, pricing and recovery, in partnership with key partners for automation and orchestration capabilities
- Continuously review market trends, vendor offerings to improve internal Customer experience to drive operational excellence and innovation
- Provides relevant input and feedback in to the Technology Modernization Infrastructure Strategy roadmap
- Analyze trade-offs between potential solutions, selecting the optimal path and ultimately guiding the team
- Evaluate and lead security risks in solution design and implementation
- Stay abreast of industry trends, actively adopting new practices and techniques to accelerate delivery
- Serve as a key member of the Technology Modernization Leadership Team
- Partner with key stakeholders including business, risk/compliance, program management, architecture, system owner, 3rd party vendors, testing and other key/supporting teams as necessary to ensure successful delivery
- Lead onshore and offshore resources, including recruiting, mentorship and technologist development
- Identify, lead, and apply mitigation plans against risks to successful delivery
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Validated experience leading large teams of multi-functional, matrix resources to deliver outcomes
- Ability to think strategically and considers resources, market drivers, risks, and values when making decisions for area of accountability/responsibility
- Expert in the definition and alignment of technology roadmaps with business strategy and ensures alignment of business requirements to technology solutions
- Senior Leader who, in partnership with key Stakeholders and Governance Committees, will further evolve/define the automation and orchestration landscape, including key concepts such as Infrastructure-as-a-Service ('IaaS'), by defining key strategic frameworks, operational processes while identifying new/maturing existing technical capabilities such as Jenkins and Ansible
- Deep experience in the operational enablement of transformative products, services and capabilities across all Actor types (i.e. End User, Application Developer) including technical operational delivery, end user training and communications
- Drive maturity of key infrastructure-as-code (IaC) principles in order to enable automation of common tasks, such as code deployments, builds and patching
- First-hand experience of ServiceNow
- Software development lifecycle ('SDLC') knowledge and experience including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support a must
- Deep experience in financial management to support the definition and creation of financial chargeback/showback models
- Demonstrated ability of 5 +years leading 3rd party vendors in large scale, multi-vendor environments
- Able to recruit, lead, motivate and inspire technologists to achieve daring goals
- Ability to transform customer requirements into technology requirements
- Experience integrating new technology and platforms with critical legacy systems
- Ability to stitch best of breed tools and practices together to solve business problems, accepting the security (confidentiality, integrity, availability) and complexity challenges that may arise
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to find the correct path given limited guidance
- Possesses an automate everything attitude, from CI/CD based deployment to team collaboration
- Experienced in iterative / agile team management including transformation at scale
- Good interpersonal, oral, presentation and written communication skills including the ability to influence across all levels in a matrix Organization
- Strong facilitation experience
- Experience within highly regulated industry such as government, healthcare and/or financial services
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top