Tax Operations Analyst
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG is looking for an ambitious Operations-oriented, technical-minded, Tax Analyst to join our talented Tax Operations team in our Tempe, Arizona Corporate Office. The role will report into the Vice President, responsible for Client Reporting Operations. The Analyst will join our Tax Operations team with a focus on Tax Documentation, Tax Withholding/Deposits, and Tax Reporting.
- Tax form validation including W-9/W-8 forms, as well as other supporting documents
- Annual W-8 recertification or remediation
- Daily tax withholding analysis and reconciliation, including FATCA, NRA, and Backup
- Maintenance of reporting obligations, submission deadlines, and legal requirements
- Communicate with account representatives to resolve withholding and/or reporting issues
- Tax year-end reporting, including Form 1099/1042S, as well as filing returns 945/1042/8966
- Process W-8IMY Intermediary Allocation, and Withholding Statements
- Faciliate B/C Notices and liaise with Corporate Tax to abate any penalty notices
- Assist in the development of evaluation and migration of unremediated tax processes/deliverables
- Perform surveillance by reviewing exception reports and perform periodic checks to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, as well as other established risk and control framework
- A Bachelor's degree
- 1-4 years experience with Tax, Compliance, Accounting, or Audit backgrounds
- Strong understanding of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and rules/regulations including; FATCA Chapter 3/4/61, CRS, 871m/305c, and 1099/1042s reporting
- Fluency in English; fluency in additional languages considered a plus
- Experience working within Financial Services, or Consulting (big 4)
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office; intermediate to advanced
- Knowledge of Tax software, such as Broadridge ADP, IMPACT, Markit CTI TFV, 1099PRO, Stone River, and Sovos, considered a plus
- Strong Project Management skillsets; understanding of waterfall and agile principles
- Familiar with either the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, or Lean Six Sigma (LSS) certificate program as it relates to project management. Not required, but considered a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top