Systems Manager, Digital
- Dallas, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Responsible for leading a team of staff for developing and deploying complex integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises of core systems. Leads the team that consults with internal business clients to offer solutions using best software and engineering practices. Involved in modeling information sources, flows and critical paths, as well as understanding how information is turned into knowledge and the relationship of knowledge and how it supports and enables key business processes. Facilitates the development of supporting knowledge architecture and standards. Works with operations staff to define an operational framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups.
Responsible for leading a team of staff for developing and deploying complex integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises of core systems. Leads the team that determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, Web interfaces and/or hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements. Oversees the team/staff that develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components. Controls and work direct activities of the staff.
- 30% Conceive, plan and implement original approaches to solve complex problems of diverse scope. Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences. Works with operations staff to define an operational framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups. Regarded as an expert in development with good software engineering practices.
- 20% Plans and organizes the development of technical support standards, evaluates software and system problems and potential solutions to application systems requirements. Will have demonstrated ability to solve complex application and data-related problems and be experienced in resolving issues relating to data security and integrity of controls.
- 20% Initiates and develops concepts to solve extremely complex situations with little or no precedent. Creates new opportunities for the use of new technology. Provides conceptual guidance to other senior and high-level technical experts.
- 20% Performs systems design and analysis, develops codes and testing to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems, users and applications components.10% Advanced professional level role. Works on projects that may span a broad range of systems and enterprise wide complex components. Requires in-depth knowledge across multiple technical environments and possesses increased level of business knowledge. Works on major projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction to more junior technical staff and may be technical leader of advanced or complex projects. Lead responsibilities include directing, monitoring and assigning work to those on the team. Provides technical work guidance or mentoring. May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance.
- Work Experience Typically has 7-10 years of programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems architectural design and development, database.
- Strong leadership skills to gain credibility with various business leaders and stakeholders.
- Makes complex IT and business decisions.
- Works with other IT groups to ensure solid cross-functional decisions are made as a team.
- Possesses expertise in process and data modeling, architectural development methodologies, IT planning methodologies and extensive knowledge of the enterprise's business and decision-making processes.
- Education Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions based on any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top