Sr. Systems Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Senior Systems Engineer, Vice President
Engineer will assist with project support, project planning, project implementation. Engineer will build the middleware web and application server stack in support of the project. Engineer will work with the technology partners on the application development and technology side to install, configure and solve issues related to the build respective to the application. Engineer will also have knowledge of project management and assist with the project documentation and coordination from planning phase to implementation phase.
Must be familiar with JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere, Apache, SAML (Siteminder/Ping) with strong skills with project management (from handling a project beginning to end), strong project management and execution skills, MS Project, Excel, coming up with workflows, knowledge of continuous integration technology. Agile, Dev Ops, Cloud background preferred.
- Responsible for envisioning, planning, designing and overseeing the implementation and ongoing support of all technologies within Enterprise Server Services for eCommerce and Retail units which includes Mobile and Tablet applications.
- Will work with internal development, release, QA and IT organizations, to enable deployment of software build artifacts on the QA and production systems via orchestration integration tools.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining build delivery method for continuous integration using build management tools.
- Defines standards and guidelines to continuously improve functions and process of Operations. Design and improve automation and orchestration of production and development systems.
- Responsible for translating customers' requirements into successful executable plans. Integrate different systems and platforms as well as spotting and detecting inefficiencies timely
- Functional responsibilities include solving complex application and infrastructure issues related to hardware and software functionality, data analysis, system software configuration and settings, performance tuning, software installation
- Will provide extensive consultative services for broad areas of technologies including application servers, HTTP Servers, Web Services, J2EE technologies, Scripting Languages, Open Source Solutions, Java Architecture, Content Management, and File Delivery Solutions within Information technology
- Provides technical guidance and directions to the technology operations staff and partners to ensure that the adopted solutions are aligned with the business goals and the enterprise standards
- Where necessary, the position requires hands-on involvement to participate projects that are either in POC state and strategic in nature. Evaluate new Technologies and investigate standard methodologies.
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
- Lead projects and provide guidance/training to more junior staff
- Provide level 3 on call support.
- Working closely with management to implement and lead new projects as part of MUFG's strategic vision
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other directly related field
- 8+ years of IT work experience
- Requires a high level of expertise in multiple system environments including IBM WebSphere 6.x, 7.x and 8.x, TomCat, WebLogic, JBoss, Apache, IHS, CA SiteMinder, Windows FTP, IIS
- Broad and deep understanding of Middleware Technologies including Applications Servers, HTTP Servers, J2EE technologies, Encryption protocols and algorithms, Scripting Languages, Open Source Solutions, Java Architecture, Content Management and MQ Messaging solutions
- Experience with DevOps integration tools such as Puppet, Chef, Stash, GitHub and/or Jenkins
- 5+ years experience with CA SiteMinder Suite or Ping Identity Suite, SAML, OAuth and Single Sign On.
- 5+ years experience JBOSS Web Server, JBOSS Application Server, Apache, Tomcat and SiteMinder web agent integration.
- 5+ years experience with IBM HTTP Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server or Oracle WebLogic Application Server and SiteMinder web agent integration.
- 5+ years experience with CI/CD workflow tools such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins or equivalent.
- SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect, and/or SCIM standards
- Knowledge of Encryption, SSL and Signing of SAML assertion
- IDP and Service Provider SAML integration.
- Understanding networking, storage and systems administration is a plus
- Project Management experience with Agile, Scrum, SDLC or Waterfall
- Proven success in understanding and managing an IT operations environment while carrying out all tasks in a timely and reliable way
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top