Sr. Software Engineer
- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Senior Software Engineer, Assistant Vice President
Experienced Technology Software Engineer needed to lead development efforts for large team working on project and maintenance activities. The candidate must have experience being a technical lead and with assigning and managing work efforts for a development group. The candidate should have experience configuring, extending, and supporting the Finance systems.
The candidate should also have development experience with Informatica PowerCenter building complex Integrations (ETL) to move data across systems, build analytics and reports using Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), build stored procedures, database triggers and database packages using PL/SQL on Oracle databases. A willingness to work in a fluid environment with high adaptability to change is a must for this position. The candidate should also be able to work cooperatively with cross-functional teams with direction from senior management. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for this position
- Perform systems design and analysis; develop code to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems, users and applications components including ETL using Informatica to move data from various sources and analytics/reports using OBIEE.
- Install and configure Informatica and OBIEE software. Support general health of the software and infrastructure. Perform scheduled critical security patching or upgrades.
- Maintain security and respond to audit-related activities.
- Perform code migrations and miscellaneous configuration changes related to Informatica and OBIEE.
- Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences.
- Work with operations staff to define an operational framework which defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups.
- Plan and organize the development of technical support standards; as well as, evaluate software and system problems and potential solutions to application systems requirements.
- Provide conceptual guidance to other senior and high level technical experts.
- 5+ years of experience with application development and support
- Design and Development experience with Informatica, OBIEE, Oracle PL/SQL, and UNIX Shell Scripting
- Installation and Administration experience with OBIEE is very desirable
- Excellent knowledge of analysis and design patterns
- Knowledgeable on SDLC/SCM
- Full life-cycle development in a commercial environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an IT-related field with 4-5 years related experience programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis to maintain transparency on work efforts and to ensure design and implementation is understood by all team participants
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills and time management skills and be able to meet deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communicator, able to adapt delivery style and language to suit the audience. Able to present complex issues and solutions to mixed audiences, where necessary resolving conflict and complexity by delivering practical solutions
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top