Sr. Operational Risk Analyst - Finance, Vice President
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As part of the BURCO (Business Unit Risk/Controls Officer) team within FMA (Financial Management of the Americas), the Sr. Operational Risk Specialist will be responsible for and have oversight of certain operational risk functions as required by second line departments.This includes setting up processes to ensure FMA Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA), consistently include risks and controls for mitigation of risks such as data risk, information risk, business continuity risk, third-party risk, fraud risk, model risk and product risk. Work may include; the identification of risks and controls in FMA processes, developing control test scripts, documenting operational loss events and management self-identified issues, working with data to develop key risk metrics to monitor where key risks are changing, providing oversight on quarterly certifications, supporting standard and ad-hoc reporting requirements for senior leaders and drafting responses to internal audit and regulatory examinations.
- Develop programs and processes to ensure consistency across FMA's RCSAs for compliance with 2 nd line risk functions (e.g., information, fraud, data, etc.)
- Support Division Risk Manager in FMA operational risk management activities including, assessing risks and effectiveness of operational controls specific to FMA business functions.
- Review Risk Control Self-Assessments including the risks, risk metrics, control record updates and control tests for compliance with program requirements.
- Support risk and control assessments through collaboration with process owners and other stakeholders.
- Review and provide feedback on control test scripts, documentation and results.
- Create and update process flow documentation for FMA processes.
- Assist in quarterly assessments of operational risk related to other processes e.g., internal operational risk reports, risk appetite statements and control certifications.
- Review operational losses to ensure that sufficient mitigating controls are identified and documented; and remediation actions are appropriate, effective and timely. Recommend corrective actions to Division Risk Managers.
- Defend risk assessments with stakeholders and assist in coordinating requests and responses during Internal Audits and bank regulatory exams.
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly operational risk reporting in conjunction with the FMA BURCO's Integrated Operational Risk Report for the finance division.
- Support annual Risk Appetite Statement process, including partnering with business to identify metrics.
- Establish strong working relationships across the FMA BURCO team and other respective risk teams in Operations, IT, and Risk Management.
- Typically requires a minimum of a BA degree, 7+ years of experience in operational risk or internal/external audit.
- Operational risk experience in a financial institution.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial operations and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of associated financial processes and controls.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio skills.
- Self-motivated, decisive, able to prioritize multiple deliverables and work under tight deadlines; proactive; willing to drive deliverables to completion and possessing a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Experience with PeopleSoft General Ledger, Hyperion Planning and OpenPages GRC platform and/or Archer is a plus.
- Familiarity with banking regulatory requirements for treasury functions including Basel III, BSA AML, LCR, and Volcker compliance requirements is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top