Sr. Loan Administrator
- Irvine, CA
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Sr. Loan Administrator II
Provide a high level of sophisticated loan administration services for complex commercial construction and permanent real estate loans throughout the life of the transaction.
Documentation Preparation (35%):
- Job responsibilities include review of credit approval and due diligence items and loan documentation preparation to ensure transaction complies with Bank policy and procedures and governing regulations.
- Act as key liaison with account officers, borrowers, title company representatives and attorneys.
- Ensure protection of the Banks interest while working with account officers to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ensure loan documentation complies with Banks operational requirements and can be serviced on Banks system of record.
Loan Closing (15%)
- Review of executed loan documents to determine they have been properly signed, initialed and/or notarized.
- Establish construction line item budget on Banks budget monitoring system.
- Prepare closing instructions and transmission of loan documents for recording to title/escrow.
- Determine that all preclosing requirements and exceptions are satisfied or appropriate waivers are obtained.
- Preparation or coordination of applicable loan documents for filing/recording, funding and boarding of loan onto Banks system of record within required timeframes.
- Continue to provide customer service to account officers and borrowers throughout life of loan.
- Follow up for post close documentation deficiency items.
- Establish and monitor loan ticklers on Banks tracking system.
- Coordinate review and approvals for all disbursements throughout construction, interfacing with Construction technical engineer and account officers. Ensure loan remains in balance with construction budget.
- Prepare demand letters, requests for reconveyance and UCC terminations.
Miscellaneous Duties (15%):
- Ad hoc projects as requested.
Training and Advisory (15%):
- May provide coaching and guidance to other loan administrators.
- Performs quality review of prepared and/or executed documents and approves for further processing.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial real estate documentation and previous experience with automated documented system.
- Technical expertise in title and entity formation.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top