Sr. Java Developer
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The Java developer will be part of the Business IT - Derivatives technology team, acting as one of the primary developers / Calypso SME in the Derivatives space.
He/ she will work on a variety of projects involving the Calypso system.
This position reports into the Corporate and Investment Banking Technology (CIBT) West Coast Director, working closely with the Bank Architecture, Security, Engineering teams and the various vendors.
The position involves multiple aspects:
- Learning the Technology stack for Interest Rates Derivatives and understanding the overall data flow between the multiple systems involved in processing the Bank's IRD business on the West Coast
- Partnering with the Bank's Global Technology Teams (Security, Infrastructure, DBAs, Architecture, etc…) to bring the newest technologies into the IB&M team and using other team's successful tools, processes and ideas.
- Liaising with the various vendors to learn their systems, and look for improvements.
- Interacting closely with project managers, internal constituents, and external vendors to deliver the work assigned to the developer
- Partnering with domain experts to translate project objectives and requirements into a detail technical requirement document with timelines, task lists and next steps.
- Working under the supervision of the Director on any IB&M initiative requiring the assistance of the developer.
- Provide Calypso domain expertise on a variety of small to large projects, including but not limited to: Calypso Upgrade, IBOR Replacement, etc…
- Acts as IT lead for large projects requiring not only development, but also coordination with other teams, business analysis and testing.
- Mentors junior developers, and assists other team members as needed
- Works closely with Business users and the Planning team to document, define and track project technical requirements, landmarks and deliverables for one or many projects.
- Organizes the work assignments of key technical projects, and communicates to all project participants in a clear and concise way, using JIRA.
- Always looks for Improvements and ways to better run the business and the platforms.
- 5 to 7 years of progressive experience working in the Finance Industry, Capital Markets, Broker-Dealer, FCM, FinTech or in Investment Banking in an IT role: Technical Support, Technical Analyst, Java Developer or Business Analyst
- 5 years' experience on the Calypso system
- Experience supporting front office trading systems and users
- Experience leading or working on major application / hardware upgrades or system migrations
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience with IT disciplines and understanding of general IT infrastructure technology and systems (i.e. WAN, Data Centers, Client Services, Storage, Process Management, Security, Disaster Recovery, Firewall, Messaging & Operating Systems)
- Confirmed ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key partners; quickly learn from existing partial documentation and with minimal guidance; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Ability to lead teams and influence a large group of people without directly managing them
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly motivated individuals
- Validated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, DevOps, JIRA
- Strong Java development skills
- Strong databases / SQL skills.
- Experience in leading direct reports: year-end reviews, work allocation, hiring and recruiting, mentoring, career development, etc…
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top