Sr. IT Architect
- Charlotte, NC
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Senior IT Architect, Vice President
We are seeking a Senior IT Architect to provide advanced architecture expertise to achieve MUFG's strategic objectives through technology modernization. The Senior IT Architect partners with stakeholders to ensure all technology solutions align with enterprise standards, architecture principles, and approved target states and patterns. The Senior IT Architect is also expected to develop and continuously improve architecture standards, principles, target states and patterns for their respective domain responsibilities. The Senior IT Architect must be a technical expert and demonstrate mastery of one or many technical domains, with an emphasis on modern technologies - including, but not limited to cloud native computing, microservices, event-based streaming services.
- Design and develop secure compliant cloud-native solutions and services
- Develop both current and future state architecture blueprints, strategies, and roadmaps to achieve the target state and technology modernization
- Lead the design for transformation of existing applications and infrastructure services from physical data centers to AWS
- Provide practical, comprehensive designs, patterns, and implementation approaches to ensure development is aligned with the desired target state
- Define parameters that guide engineering teams on determining whether to enhance existing, develop new, or purchase third-party systems
- Define frameworks for DevSecOps, APIs, containerization, and technology debt management and ensure they are incorporated into application development practices
- Requires a B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field with 8+ years of experience in designing, developing, and delivering solutions within a complex environment, possessing expert-level skills in technology architecture and design
- Possess an automate everything mindset, from Continuous Architecture based design to team collaboration
- Experience converting from monolithic to microservices
- Strong experience designing and architecting integration of new technology and platforms with legacy systems
- Demonstrated experience developing modern, cloud-native computing and advanced architectures, models, patterns and designs
AWS design, configuration, deployment and support experience in Production environments, with 5 or more of the following skills and experiences:
- Fluently utilizing AWS CLI, Boto3, Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- EC2, AMI, EBS, S3 (and S3 bucket policy), CloudWatch, CloudTrail,
- Event and Messaging: SNS, SQS, CloudWatch Events, JMS and/or AMQP
- ALB/NLB, AWS Certificate Manager, Route53
- API Gateway, CloudFront
- Docker, and at least one of Docker based solutions - ECS, EKS, or K8S
- Ability to precisely model concepts and designs using standardized notations, frameworks and tools
- Experience designing event-based and streaming solutions
- Experience with Kubernetes and container orchestration technologies
- AWS professional level certifications preferred
- Ab ility to travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top