Sr. iOS Software Engineer
- Arlington, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
We are looking for a hands-on Senior iOS mobile engineer who will leverage their energetic and forward-thinking mindset to help grow a squad of like-minded engineers leveraging agile methods to jump start a wide-ranging digital transformation. If you are looking for an outsized impact driving both a technical and cultural (mindset, processes, policies) shift at a large organization in the throes of a deep and comprehensive digital transformation, we want to talk to you.
If you can't stop chasing down the technology of tomorrow and are eager to push the boundaries of what is possible, even better.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside, learn from and collaborate with best in class engineers in the high-octane office of technology. You will collaborate in an enterprise service architecture and help us build out the next generation hybrid consumer facing apps. Sharing your passion and expertise with our growing team, helping/mentoring/leading the team members to elevate their skills while championing the necessary cultural shifts required at an organizational level and integrating the latest technologies for continued advancement will be of particular import.
Your primary responsibility will include designing, developing, implementing, testing, maintaining and defining best practices related to iOS development and applications.
The qualified candidate must have a minimum 4-7 years of iOS development experience, be able to think laterally and not be afraid to ask why. The team values well-architected, high-quality, and stable applications that provide re-usable functionality allowing for velocity at scale. This is your opportunity to get involved in defining best practices, architecture, tooling in a "practice what you preach" approach in a recently approved agile product driven strategy.
You will define best in class standards/tooling necessary to succeed and serve as a beacon of expertise across the organization. We aren't just looking to build net new code, but instead are looking for someone with the technical savvy to know when to harvest from existing stack(s), when to build net new and when to recommend purchasing 'off the shelf'.
You must love to code, understand/hunger for/drive good clean design principles, and work well in a sometimes-messy organizational environment created by the seismic change MUFG is undergoing. Where others might be defeated by systematic challenges, you are energized by them, refusing to stop until a solution is found.
This is a high-profile role with significant room for growth.
If you want to have an impact on a scale of this magnitude, look no farther.
As a Software Engineer at MUFG, you will help get banking out of our customers' way, putting our customers' money to work where they want it, when they want it, without worrying about it. You'll help us roll out these capabilities the "FinTech" way, using system reliability engineering (SRE) practices and open source software (OSS) for better developer velocity and platform resilience. You'll work with our business partners to architect, design and implement solutions, and your expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using emerging technology platforms will help lead MUFG towards true technology transformation.
Intrigued? Then, we would like to meet you if you:
- Have a minimum 4-7 years of Swift development experience with a focus on iOS
- Have Carthage, CocoaPods, build experience
- Have Objective C, C++ frameworks experience/familiarity
- Have App Services such as CallKit, MapKit, MessageUI experience
- Have UIView, ViewController, CoreData, Networking experience
- Have Delegates and datasources experience
- Have Rest API consumption using Json experience
- Don't just write code, but are also able to robustly communicate why your methodologies, standards and best practices should replace what currently is in place
- Have familiarity with background threading and best practices
- Have familiarity and working experience with agile development methodologies
- Have familiarity with Push using UserNotifications (swift)
- Have familiarity with Git branching and source code control
- Have familiarity with Concurrency management with NSOperationQueue
- Have familiarity with Device location services with CLLocationManager
- Have familiarity with WKWebView/UIWebView to show HTML/JS frameworks
- Have experience with settings bundle NSUserDefaults and familiarity with VIPER architecture and how to move away from it
- Are detail-oriented, well-organized, quick learner with very strong technical aptitude and the ability to work concurrently on multiple projects.
- Have delivered multiple apps to the Apple app store
- Establish and maintain front-end application best practices and standards without being told
- Develop functional prototypes to demonstrate concepts and to enable rapid iterative support for evaluative research
- Are curious how Flutter and similar frameworks are going to change the native app industry
- Have some have experience with building out hybrid applications
- Are able to collaborate effectively with UX Designers, Developers, and Designers
- Can clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Have experience with performance and optimization problem analysis and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Have a portfolio of work - demonstrating your chops (sites, links, GitHub, etc.)
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- You are passionate about innovating and simplifying
- You'll develop complex, consumer-facing applications for iOS
- You'll balances being product focused and engineering quality minded both understanding and being thoughtful re tradeoffs
- You'll leverage your experience with front-end optimization techniques (both in file weight and perceived/actual page rendering speed) to improve production/runtime performance that results from inadequate system architecture and/or technical debt
- You'll bridge the many gaps that currently exist in the org specifically around processes and policies today that prevent us from implementing modern coding patterns
- You'll maintain development team competitiveness in the device applications field by staying current on techniques, tools, and ecosystem, especially as it relates to iOS and inspire your team(s) to do the same
- You'll review existing iOS device client codebases and improve or make recommendations for improving them
- You'll work closely with front end product managers, delivery managers, solutions architects and other front end and back end software developers
- You'll provide technical leadership of the Agile team(s) responsible for developing the UI, API and backend integration. You work with the Journey Owner, Scrum Master, other Engineers and Testers to iterate on new features within the Digital Team
- You'll learn, collaborate and teach other Engineers. Everyone can contribute something new to the team regardless of how long they've been in the industry
- You'll contribute to and follow our CI/CD process, alongside the rest of the Engineering team and the Consumer Bank as a whole
- You'll balance a keen sense of quality with the need for pragmatic, incremental improvement for both greenfield projects as well as tech debt
- You'll provide front end mobile first technical guidance across functions (i.e. the feasibility of a new feature to our UX team, or an estimate of how long a feature would take to implement to a PM)
Through your variety of experiences at MUFG, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
Why you'll like working here as much as we do:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) employee matching program
- Cash balance pension plan
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Flexible-spending accounts
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses .
Back to top