Sr. Information Architect
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
With the continued growth of data-dependent internal corporate, U.S. and International Financial Industry regulatory requirements, MUFG Union Bank must meet a complex and growing demand for end-to-end data governance and policy, data process and technical controls, business data accuracy, technical data integrity and technical data architecture strategies. The CIOO mandate of a Digital Enterprise further requires the bank to have a modern data platform to move data seamlessly across channels and provide valuable data insights to better serve our clients.
While Union Bank has made progress in addressing these requirements, the Bank is now recruiting a Senior Information Architect reporting to the Enterprise Information Architect within Enterprise Architecture. This individual will lead the practice & development of information architecture, specifically focused on aligning Transformation impact with regard to Business as Usual (BAU) projects. This will include all Transformation Pillar 2 - EDP (Data Pipeline Buildout), including establishing Enterprise Information Target-State direction, canonical data consumption formats, standard data models to support enterprise data integration and tools technologies, standard canonical models for business services aligned to the emerging Enterprise Information Model being developed within Transformation Pillar 2 and to the Business Reference Model. It will also include coordination with other high-impact and related Transformation activities, such as Core Banking Transformation and Technology Modernization, Master Data Management as applicable.
This position is responsible for coordinating all related information architecture activity and for working across lines of business, enterprise architecture and the office of CDO. The position will involve peer level leadership within a large and matrixed program and will require significant business interaction, including presentations to ECA-direct level executives on a routine basis
This position is also responsible for participating in the delivery of numerous key business objectives, such as: ease of business system change, on-going production supportability ensuring system performance and stability. The position will also work closely with the Technology Strategy and Incubation function to design and implement innovative integration methods and technologies across the business application portfolios.
- Enterprise Information Architecture: Extend the information architecture practice, controls, data models and canonical data exchange interfaces development to support the creation of an enterprise data integration platform line of business specific reporting solutions.
- Expertise in creating, extending & maintaining enterprise conceptual, logical & physical data models, experience in creating and managing information taxonomies, enterprise glossaries and meta-models.
- Development of enterprise integration (data vault) frameworks, create standards for data vault models & informart models to support enterprise data integration & line of business reporting needs.
- Development and definition of standards for information assets to discover & expose curated information assets for review and usage.
- Creating, managing & integrating information taxonomies for business standardization and classification of banking & finance core business concepts like products, accounts, collateral type's, party's etc.
- Creating and managing meta-models in different tools like Collibra, Metacenter & ERWIN to integrate metadata across business & technical metadata tools.
- Translating business and technical metadata requirements into an information architecture framework and solution is a key requirement to enable a metadata drive data/information architecture.
- Knowledge of cloud based architecture and solution is a big plus (AWS preferred), handling stream data sets is a requirement for this position. Knowledge of banking & finance industry models is a plus to help in the creation of enterprise information assets.
- Assisting solution architects and technology partners to define and map standard integration patterns to solutions, standardize integration and data format transformation technologies and resolve issues pertaining to real-time and scheduled application integration.
- Translating Business Requirements to Technical Requirements for integration and advising the solution providers' designs on leveraging core middleware platforms, Enterprise Integration Patterns and standard service interfaces.
- Leading the evaluation of data/information architecture capabilities, business solutions and tools that will be managed within the organization.
- Roadmap: Architecting the strategic integration architecture roadmap and creating a short-, medium- and long-term implementation plan including API modeling, middleware design and the development of integration relationship structures to meet business requirements and objectives.
- Working Relationships: Work closely with business and system analysts, business and technical users, system design/developers, API developers, the centralized technology department management team and other integration stakeholders and the management team in executing specific integration project tasks and responsibilities.
- Best Practices / Systems Development Life Cycle: Maintain and enforce best practices to facilitate optimized software development, standardization & classification of information, design of canonical interfaces.
- Systems and Data Knowledge Acquisition: Understand existing source systems data transfer methodologies and technology in order to assess support and delivery of information through the integration architecture.
- Team Management: Lead and direct the work of others on either a direct management reporting or dotted-line facilitation basis.
- Project and Major Initiative Support: Support data flow processes, end-to-end, for projects and major initiatives including troubleshooting of integration issues through the process of information transfer, interface model design, access to the information and performance/speed resulting from integration issues.
- Education: B.A, M.A, or PhD in a combination of either liberal arts and technology, computer science, or business.
- Communication: Skilled and passionate verbal and written communicator.
- Integration Skills: 5-10 years of Data Integration, Data Modeling & Data Integration Development, modeling & integrating business & technical metadata.
- Work Experience: Previous work experience within large, centralized information technology departments for 10+ years, ideally in the financial services industry.
- Design: Ability to design and develop canonical data interfaces (real time & batch), use of banking and finance industry models like FIBO, IFW, Teradata to model enterprise integration hubs.
- Technology Management: 10-15 years of experience with managing data integration platforms, enterprise Data Warehouses. Practitioner: Must have a strong command of broad and general technical concepts.
- Analysis: Must be a very strong problem solver and apply strong critical analysis to business scenarios in the context of data architecture.
- Vendor Management: Experience in managing and working with consulting vendors/service providers during the delivery of technology projects.
- Time Management and Delivery: Must possess and demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to achieve results in a very deadline driven environment, and must be focused on quality and delivering on commitments.
- Configuration Management: Prefer 2 years of experience with software tools that support enterprise configuration management.
- Corporate and Team Fit: Team player, strong collaborative approach, with the ability to work independently.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top