Sr. Commercial Loan Analyst - Special Assets
- La Mirada, CA
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2020).In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Provide a high level of sophisticated loan administration services for complex RESAD/SAD loan renewals, extensions and modifications for permanent real estate and non-real estate loans.
- Job responsibilities include review of credit approval and due diligence items and loan documentation preparation to ensure transaction complies with Bank policy and procedures and governing regulations.
- Act as key liaison with account officers, borrowers, title company representatives and attorneys.
- Ensure protection of the Banks interest while working with account officers to provide a high level of customer service.
- Ensure loan documentation complies with Banks operational requirements and can be serviced on Banks system of record.
- Loan closing review of executed loan documents to determine that they have been properly signed, initialed and/or notarized.
- Prepare closing instructions and transmission of loan documents for recording to title/escrow.
- Determine that all preclosing requirements and exceptions are satisfied or appropriate waivers are obtained.
- Post Closing- Follow up for post close documentation deficiency items. Establish and monitor loan ticklers on Banks tracking system.
- Prepare demand letters, requests for reconveyance and UCC terminations.
- Miscellaneous Duties: Ad hoc projects as requested and training if required.
Must be proficient in the following:
- Modifications of adversely graded loans
- Forbearance Agreements
- Short Sales
- Note Sales
- SBA Loans
- Secured and Unsecured Lines of Credit
- Management/Supervisory experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to work independently and to make informed decisions.
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills.
- Ability to follow instructions with attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer literate, with proficiency in MS Office/Word/Excel in the Windows environment.
- Minimum 5+ years of direct and in-depth work experience in commercial loan processing, documenting and funding loans with general knowledge in all areas of Loan Processing and/or Funding.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial real estate and/or commercial documentation.
- Previous experience with preparing loan documents through the use of an automated documentation system.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top