Sr Business Analyst (Data Management)
- Tempe, AZ
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group
Sr Business Analyst (Data Management), Assistant Vice President
Working as a member of the Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO), Enterprise Data Quality Team (EDQ), responsible for enabling the efficient and actionable use of data by planning, developing, and implementing enterprise data controls across systems within the Bank with a focus on Risk and Regulatory Reporting under the Data Management Integrated Control Framework (DMICF). Acting as Golden Source Identification and Certification (GSIC) Data Quality Analyst for Agile systems development lifecycle projects, work with a broad range of teams and roles across the organization including teams such as Office of the Chief Data Officer, Americas Risk Management, and Regulatory Reporting as well as roles such as Report Content Owners, Business System Owners, System Managers, project business sponsors, business and technical Subject Matter Expert resources within multiple MUFG entities, project manager, project leads, and IT.
- Understand and apply familiarity with Risk and Regulatory Reporting processes and Enterprise Metadata concepts such as Key Data Elements, Business Information Model, Report Attributes, Data Attributes, Physical Location, etc.
- Communicate with business users and evaluate requirements to understand project objectives and scope.
- Understand data lineage across complex current state system environments and target state.
- Performing data analysis including data extraction with standard SQL Tools.
- Writing and executing queries to profile large data sets.
- Capturing business and data requirements as appropriate within system development lifecycle across business and technology.
- Perform gap assessment on DMICF Controls to determine appropriate remediation plan for implementing aggregation layer control as appropriate on in- scope systems.
- Support creation of various project related documentation (including but not limited to tollgates, Data Quality Rules, SIT, UAT plans, Test Scripts, etc.) for Aggregation layer controls.
- Determine data domains, identify in scope KDEs, assessment of rules required and expected.
- Defining data quality rules across dimensions that data must conform to.
- Ensuring design produced meets requirements as documented.
- Planning and execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Working with data domains within banking including Deposits, Commercial Loans, Residential Loans, Trade Finance, Equities, Derivatives, Forex, Fixed Income, Swaps, Risk Management, Finance and Accounting.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree (or higher)
- 7+ years of Data Analysis, prior experience working with industry best practices is preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in process improvement, prior experience with assessing processes for risks and controls is preferred.
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of various teams
- Capacity to identify and understand business needs and incorporate into technical requirement solutions
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills for assessment of complex production support issues and recommend/implement effective solutions
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top