- Charlotte, NC
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Solutions Architect, Director
Business Context for Job
MUFG Union Bank has a complex and growing demand for talented senior level architects. We are undertaking a transformation of all aspects of our architecture including a Cloud First strategy focusing on cloud native solutions; replacing the core banking deposits platform; building global risk, compliance, and HR capabilities; and building a modern data platform to move data seamlessly across channels and provide valuable data insights to better serve our clients.
Solution Architect Director - Risk, Compliance, HR & Finance
MUFG is looking for a Solution Architecture Director reporting to the Head of Business Product Architecture within Enterprise Architecture. This individual will establish and lead the Corporate Functions Technology Solutions group responsible for architecting business solutions for the most data-centric business units in the bank - namely Compliance, Risk, HR, and Finance. This group will be responsible for the architectural vision and roadmap for these areas and will provide architectural guidance and support for their project and system portfolios. This team will be at the frontline of connecting new enterprise data services to the people and applications who will make use of their data.
The position will work collaboratively with the Head of Corporate Functions Technology and executives within the Compliance, Risk, HR and Finance Business Units to create and implement an architectural vision and roadmap that aligns the groups' business strategies and needs with the data transformation being led by the Chief Data Officer (CDO). This will involve playing a major role in shaping critical areas such as Regulatory Reporting, Financial Risk Reporting, Non-Financial Risk Reporting, Financial Accounting, Financial Analysis and Planning, etc. The position will also support our direction to modernize and globalize risk, compliance, and HR capabilities.
The position's requirements will include, but not be limited to:
• Thought Leadership : Provide architectural vision and guidance demonstrating expertise, creativity, flexibility, and strong empathy for the needs of stakeholders. Must have the ability to visualize a path to a compelling vision for large complex business data solutions that occur over multiple years in sequences of multiple steps.
• Executive Partnership : Establish a strong rapport with Executives across the organization, both within IT and Business Units, demonstrating a strong grasp of their needs and the ability to explain complex architectural topics and strategies to them.
• IT Partnership : Establish relationships of mutual trust and influence with engineering teams across the organization to provide architectural guidance as well as to understand (and help address) the challenges facing technical teams on a daily basis.
• Domain Mastery : Demonstrate mastery of business domain specific product solutions in the Risk, Compliance, HR, and Finance space. Examples include but are not limited to RiskAnalyst, RiskMetrics, OpenPages, Actimize, Hotscan, SAS AML, Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle GL, Oracle Fusion Accounting Hub, Oracle OFSAA, Hyperion, and competing product solutions.
• Technical Mastery : Demonstrate mastery of modern data and integration architecture topics such as AWS data services, Lambda and Kappa architectures, streaming technologies, event-driven systems, self-service data platforms, Analytics/Machine Learning, etc. They should have the ability to get hands-on and code when necessary to rapidly incubate or prototype solutions to bring their vision to life.
• Team Management : Lead and direct the work of others on either a direct management reporting or dotted-line facilitation basis.
• Strategic Planning : Partner with business and technology stakeholders to develop strategic roadmaps to drive investment decisions.
• Project and Major Initiative Support : Develop modern architecture solutions that support the project tactical goals while driving to the Enterprise Architecture end state. Enable architecture decision making by the product engineering teams while facilitating architecture governance for enterprise material decisions.
• Continuous Improvement : Look for opportunities to improve the current state across all dimensions of people, process, and technology. Never settle for the status quo - always strive to make things better.
E ducation: Requires a B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
Work Experience: Requires 15 or more years of experience in multiple IT areas with at least 5 years of direct, relevant architecture design experience. Requires 5 or more years of experience working at a financial services company preferably in the business domain or domains the architect will support
Communication : Skilled and passionate verbal and written communicator. Highly proficient with Confluence, Jira, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
Practitioner : Must have a strong command of broad and general technical concepts.
Analysis : Must be a very strong problem solver and apply strong critical analysis to business scenarios in the context of data architecture.
Design : Professional experience architecting, and/or operating solutions built on AWS, Azure, or GCP (related certifications preferred). Ability to concisely model concepts using standardized notation. Experience re-architecting legacy capabilities into cloud native solutions.
Vendor Management : Experience in managing and working with consulting vendors/service providers during the delivery of technology projects.
Configuration Management : Prefer 2 years of experience with software tools that support enterprise configuration management.
Development Lifecycle : End to end development lifecycle experience a plus including project management skills. Must be able to assess requirements, designs, test plans, deployment plans and perform peer reviews. Ability to prioritize projects and keep multiple streams of work on schedule. Have experienced success with DevSecOps development methods within a waterfall oriented security and risk environment.
Corporate and Team Fit : Team player, strong collaborative approach, with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
Leadership & Influence : Demonstrates a high level of technology and organizational leadership and influence. Collaborate effectively with peers, SME's, business teams, vendors and project stakeholders. Experience with teaching and technical mentoring. Is viewed as the thought leader and is sought out for consultation and advisory services. Is able to initiate business cases and dialog with enterprise stakeholders to advance new strategies and methods.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top