Software Programmer - Risk Management
- New York, NY
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
- Develop, maintain, and modify web-based applications or specialized utility programs.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.
- Analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
- Participate in application design, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure.
- Write code, test and debug software applications
- Participate in code reviews
- Coordinate with release management and other development teams in the group
- Deliver quality applications on time and in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain SQL Server database and generate monthly reports for internal consumption
- Perform ad-hoc analysis by extracting and manipulating data from SQL Server database.
- 7+ years of experience of SQL Server and T-SQL is required
- Agile development experience using unit testing frameworks and tools is required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel including VBA automation is required
- Experience in developing for a high-trafficked website over a WAN is desired
- 5+ years of banking experience in Risk Management, Front or Middle Office functions with in-depth knowledge of marketable credit products is desired
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment is preferred
- Strong technical competence in data modeling, analysis and visualization is preferred
- Must be a self-starter and a team player who promotes collaboration and open communication
Master's / Bachelor degree in Computers, Mathematics, or computer science.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top