- Tempe, AZ
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG Americas is embarking on a business and technology transformation to effectively deliver five key business imperatives: Growth, Business Agility, Client Experience, Effective Controls, and Collaboration. To accomplish these imperatives, MUFG has launched a Transformation Program built upon the following foundation pillars:
This position supports the Core Banking Transformation (CBT) Program . CBT is a multi-year effort to modernize our deposits platform with a world-class digitally-led and simplified ecosystem for consumer, small business, commercial and transaction banking to deliver exceptional customer experience and provide the bank a competitive advantage in the market. Our customers will benefit from streamlined and automated processes that simultaneously will provide the bank business process efficiencies and operational cost savings.
The Core Banking Transformation technology team seeks a dynamic technologist to be a Senior Engineer for the development efforts to integrate MUB's current application ecosystem with the new Core Deposits platform that will provide the foundation for transforming deposit services at MUFG Americas. While transitioning the bank from a traditional, batch-oriented ecosystem to a real time deposit services platform by redesigning or replacing monolithic legacy systems with cloud-native architectures, the Senior Engineer is responsible for the overall code quality and actualized requirements having been delivered of the micro services platform that we will be integrating into legacy development teams to deliver integration solutions that are aligned with the target state design principles.
- Part of the team responsible for the design, development, testing, monitoring and release of software for the integration of the new core banking deposit system with the MUFG application ecosystem
- Code reviews, development, communication, alignment of overall quality state of code
- Implement and adhere to security best practices.
- Additional areas of engineering focus for design, development, release and maintenance to be used as a platform for systems being developed with a release driven approach.
- Integration test, performance frameworks and chaos engineering.
- Observability, monitoring, maintenance system for constant view of state and health of the system for utilization by L1, L2 and L3 support.
- L3 support for systems worked on.
Management or Supervision: No
Required Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor'sdegree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum five years of experience in designing, developing and delivering mission critical service solutions within complex environment, possessing expert-level skills in three or more of the following areas:
- Core Banking Solutions
- Channels Platforms (Mobile, Call Center, Branches, Online Banking, etc.)
- ETL Software, Data Warehouse, etc
- Service-Oriented Architectures
- Mainframe Platforms
- Real-time systems
- Mastery-level proficiency in two or more common software development languages such as Java, C#, C++, Python
- Experience with event based programming and streaming
- Penchant for refactoring applications in order to modernize and simplify
- Experience integrating new technology and platforms with mission critical legacy systems
- Self-sufficient in dev and test with containers and/or cloud services for prototyping upstream systems
- Comfort with ambiguity; the ability to find the correct path given limited guidance
- Possesses an automate everything mindset, from CI/CD based deployment to team collaboration
- Familiar with DevOps toolchain, i.e. BitBucket, JIRA, Jenkins Pipeline, Artifactory or Nexus
- Proven track record of developing, deploying and delivering quality solutions
- Experienced in iterative / agile team management including transformation at scale
- Strong communication & presentation skills
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience within a high integrity, and/or regulated environment (government, healthcare, financial sectors, etc.)
- Able to travel out of state
- Experience with Apache Kafka, Flink, NiFi, Hadoop, Cassandra, JanusGraph, etc
- Experience converting from monolithic to microservices
- Demonstrate good understanding of modern, cloud-native application models and patterns
- Integrations between multitudes of systems together
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top