Software Development Manager (AML) - Vice President
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
As a part of Compliance Technology, the Software Engineering Manager will build and lead a team of engineers to support Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Core Compliance. Engineers work with technology and business leads to build or enhance critical Compliance applications both on-prem and in the cloud (AWS). They also assess vendor solutions and actively participate in efforts to integrate and enhance vendor products.
The Manager will be a seasoned engineer, experienced in building financial crimes solutions for large financial institutions. They will play a key role in executing our strategy of rationalizing, consolidating and migrating Compliance applications to cloud native solutions. The successful candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of financial crimes and in-depth knowledge of current and emerging technologies. They will be passionate about developing talent leading change. The ability to communicate clearly, both in writing and verbally, and to influence partners is critical.
- You will lead and mentor a team of 10-12 software engineers assigned to multiple projects.
- Assess third-party technology and provide recommendations.
- Produce high functioning, testable code from software designs and specifications.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements.
- Design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Produce and update software documentation.
- Stay ahead of on technology and engineering by continuously studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and hardware, participating in relevant events and forums and reading professional publications.
- Plan and supervise training and talent development.
- Review engineering work.
- Present practical input for strategic technology decisions.
- 5 plus years' experience developing Compliance or financial crimes applications for large financial institutions.
- Deep understanding of financial crimes and banking.
- Hands-on experience with technologies such as JBoss Application & Web server, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft IIS Server, and IBM MQ.
- Experience in relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies such as Hibernate and Entity Framework.
- Experience developing web applications using at least one of the following: Ajax, JSF, Spring MVC, ReactJS, or Vue
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying applications with automation tools.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker.
- Experience with build automation technologies such as Maven or Jenkins.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Experience documenting requirements and specifications.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent job experience.
- ACAMS certification preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top