- Dallas, TX
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
We are looking for a talented and experienced VP, Software Architect who is hardworking, collaborative and passionate about solving complex problems on a growing team.
As a Software Architect at MUFG, you will help get banking out of our customers' way, putting our customers' money to work where they want it, when they want it, without worrying about it. You'll help us roll out these capabilities the "FinTech" way, using system reliability engineering (SRE) practices and open source software (OSS) for better developer velocity and platform resilience. You'll work with our business partners to architect, design and implement solutions, and your expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using emerging technology platforms will help lead MUFG towards true technology transformation.
Here's how you'll spend your time
- You'll develop technical standards, patterns and guidance for software architectures targeting development teams across the organization
- You'll develop implementations of patterns to solve real world problems and provide guidance to implementation teams
- You will define software driven requirements for platforms to support on container, cloud and traditional hosting stacks.
- You'll help identify areas of improvements in the code base and help contribute to make it better
- You'll be part of an Agile team responsible for developing the UI, API and backend integration patterns for modern banking applications for consumers and .
- You'll lead other engineers to develop well-crafted software solutions
- You'll fix prioritized issues from the issue tracker.
- You'll contribute to and follow our CI/CD process, alongside the rest of the Engineering team
How you will grow
Through your variety of experiences at MUFG, you will have the opportunity to develop technical, analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential. No matter what career path you eventually choose, you will be continually challenged by your team members and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities.
- Have 6+ years experience in providing architectural guidance and establishing standards for architecture patterns within application, system, distributed data and cloud native domains.
- Is an expert developer in at least one major language implementing functional, object, imperative and logical paradigms. Can explain the benefits and drawbacks of each
- Can explain architecture patterns and implementations with confidence. Is very familiar and has a deep understanding of design principles such as 12 Factor, SOLID, DRY and how to implement these in practice
- Is a champion for clean code and structures that can evolve through time and manage change. Can clearly explain how and what tradeoffs are made across different patterns
- Is an expert in numerous frameworks and platforms such as Spring Boot, .Net Core, Angular, Swagger, Node, AWS, K8, Docker
- Can architect solutions from an SPA set of screen to distributed application back ends securely and performant
- Can comfortably work in an Agile environment and are able to collaborate effectively with numerous Agile development teams working across various business domains
- Can clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose resolutions thorough iterative solutions
- Have experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Have the ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Enjoy being client centric, people focused
- Can really listen to others and have the courage to speak up
- You are passionate about innovating and simplifying
- You step up to own & execute
- You consistently raise the bar
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top