Senior Software Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
The senior software engineer will be part of the Business Enablement Technology (BET) team, acting as one of the primary software engineers / OPICS SME in the Foreign Exchange (FX) space.
He/ she will work on a variety of projects supporting the Capital Markets Business, specifically FX products, across front-to-back office functions, including trade pricing, capture, booking, P&L valuation, regulatory reporting and downstream system integration.
In this AVP role, the software engineer will act as an individual contributor and/or as Technology lead; he/she will build relationships with key business leaders, understand their needs, challenges and establish a roadmap.
- Learn the Technology stack for Foreign Exchange (FX) and understand the overall data flow between the multiple systems involved in processing the Bank's FX business
- Take ownership and drive the execution of projects, business enhancements, technical upgrade and business support in the FX space
- Provide L4 production support on day-to-day activities from business stakeholders, and empower L1/2/3/ production support teams to resolve issues on their own
- Take Initiative, be a change actor
- Leverage business and technical expertise to influence others
- Design, code, test and implement changes to support business changes, new products, new regulations or any other requirement
- Interact closely with project managers, internal constituents, and external vendors to deliver the work assigned to the software engineer
- Provide OPICS subject matter expertise on a variety of small to large projects, including but not limited to: OPICS upgrade, regulatory changes, new products, etc…
- Work closely with Business stakeholders and planning team to document, define and track project technical requirements, milestones and deliverables for one or many projects
- Always look for Improvements and ways to better support the business with the most efficient ecosystem
- Act as IT lead for large projects requiring not only development, but also coordination with other teams, business analysis and testing.
- Mentor junior developers, and assists other team members as needed
- Organizes the work assignments of key technical projects, and communicates to all project participants concisely, leveraging JIRA, Confluence and other collaboration tools
- Always looks for Improvements and ways to better run the business and the platforms.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience working in the Finance Industry, Capital Markets, Broker-Dealer, FCM, FinTech or in Investment Banking in an IT role: Technical Analyst, .NET Developer, Software Engineer or Business Analyst
- Experience leading or working on major application / hardware upgrades or system migrations
- 3 to 5 years' experience of shipping .NET and/or other Object-Oriented Programming code to production. Ability to deliver code changes and technical solutions with minimal guidance.
- 3 to 5 years' experience with SQL/databases
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience with IT disciplines and understanding of general IT infrastructure technology and systems (i.e. WAN, Data Centers, Storage, Windows / Unix, Databases, Identity Access Management, Process Management, Information Security, Disaster Recovery, Firewall, Messaging & Operating Systems, Change Management, Incident Management)
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; quickly learn from existing partial documentation and with minimal guidance; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Stellar written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly motivated individuals
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in Agile and Waterfall environments, DevOps
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins
Optional Requirements / Nice-to-haves
- Experience on the OPICS system: front, middle and/or back office, Trade Booking, Pricing, P&L, Regulatory Reporting, OSYS/BSYS, overall system architecture.
- Exposure to several products: FX spot, forwards, NDFs, Foreign Currency Time Deposit (FCTD), Foreign Currency Demand Account (FCDA)
- Experience supporting front office trading systems and users
- Experience with Angular, OpenShift
- Leadership presence. Experience with providing concise updates to executives.
- Ability to lead teams and influence a large group of people without directly managing them
- Knowledge of Refinitiv Electronic Trading (ET), Bloomberg, FIX protocol
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top