SBA Government Lending Business Development Officer, Vice President - San Jose, California
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
You are a standout colleague who can excel in a fast paced, meaningful environment with a strong desire to continuously improve and learn new things.
Initiate, negotiate, sell and package Small Business Association (SBA) government loans. Conduct regular outbound sales calls on small business client prospects to develop new business relationships. Responsible for cross-selling small business, consumer and investment products to new business client prospects and existing customers to deepen relationships and increase profitability.
Management or Supervision: None
You have a reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency, big picture orientation and business insight.
- 80% - Responsible for sourcing SBA-government lending and conventional opportunities within assigned territory. Spends majority of time calling on clients, prospects, referral sources and centers-of-influence to develop new business, expand client base and to create a network of prospects. Makes sales calls in conjunction with the Consumer and Business Banking strategic partners for cross-sell opportunity to deepen client relationships and increase profitability. Runs the pipeline of active and viable leads, including figuring out prospects to call on, and the priority and scheduling of calls. Interviews new and existing loan applicants to gather information relative to their business needs, abilities and earnings to resolve whether loans may be an acceptable risk. Cross-sells business products to existing customers and prospect business customers through an organized calling program. Generates qualified referrals to other bank departments, including consumer business to the branches within assigned territory. Actively participate in external community activities in to promote the Bank and to develop a business referral network.
- 20% - Interacts effectively with Business Banking Center in order to expertly process all loan application requests. Ensures complete applications and acceptable approval rates. Works with the appropriate Business Banking Client Advisor and /or Branch to assist in the seamless handoff for the branch to handle all future relationship management.
Education, Licensure, Year of Experience (and type of work experience):
- 3+ years of SBA government loan sales experience.
- 5+ years of customer service; shown ability to build a positive customer experience.
- 3+ years of business banking/lending experience, and familiarity with the interpretation of business financial documents.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Complete understanding of SBA- government type business loans.
- Deep understanding of the Bank's business products and services.
- Strong sales, service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to recognize customer needs, match them to bank products and close sales opportunities.
- Effective communication with all levels of management.
- Excellent communication and persuasive skills.
- Invigorated by constant personal interaction.
- Reports to the SBA -Government Lending Manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top