Risk & Controls (RCSA) Manager, Vice President
- Tempe, AZ
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Bank is building a strong first line of defense in line with regulatory heightened standards and data governance. The CDO Risk and Control Program Manager will report into the Chief Data Office with a primary focus on data governance and data management; along with data centric processes, risks and controls.
- Assist with implementation and ongoing execution of the Risk Governance Framework (RGF), Risk Data Aggregation Reporting Framework (RDAR), and Enterprise Data Management.
- Execute ongoing assessments to determine compliance with enterprise ‐ wide policies and standards, and communicate instances of non ‐ compliance.
- Assist with the definition of CDO technical standards and operating procedures as needed to mitigate risks and demonstrate compliance with enterprise ‐ wide policies and standards.
- Identify and assign CDO controls and control owners based on enterprise ‐ wide policies and standards.
- Communicate material risk exposures and instances of CDO non ‐ compliance for review and validation.
- Partner with business line leadership on identifying and monitoring data-related issues along with the escalation of appropriate reporting.
- Assist with definition of corrective action plans to remediate non ‐ compliance with enterprise wide policies and standards. Assign ownership for remediation and monitor completion of corrective action plans on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor risk limits and tolerances to identify threshold breaches and escalate any limit breaches for review and validation.
- Identify and assess data risks using the standard criteria, tools and methods.
- Quantify risk exposures using the risk analysis and risk acceptance criteria, tools and methods and communicate exposure.
- Assist with maintenance of risk, threat and control libraries within the Enterprise templates provided.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance during definition of CDO risk mitigation plans in line with the Bank's enterprise ‐ wide risk appetite, policies and standards.
- Assist control owners with definition, implementation and ongoing operation of required data controls.
- Test the design and operational effectiveness of CDO risk controls on an ongoing basis and communicate control gaps and deficiencies.
- Define key risk indicators (KRIs) and associated metrics to measure information risk exposure on an ongoing basis.
- Participate as needed in second line assessments and third line audits. Coordinate with control owners to gather assessment, testing and audit evidence (technical standards, operating procedures, reports etc.). Assist with development of corrective action plans to address issues identified by the second and third lines of defense.
- 5+ years in data governance, data controls and risk management
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in the financial services sector
- Understanding of core technology processes, including capacity management, change management, configuration management and problem management.
- Strong data skills, including experience with data management and data quality controls
- Proficient in analyzing and discussing risks and controls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and deliver assignments on-time and with high quality
- High energy self-starter
- Knowledge of banking business products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top