Residential Lending Credit Risk Analyst, Vice President
- Tempe, AZ
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients' best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We're part of 180,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
- Reporting to the Residential Lending Credit Risk Manager, this position is responsible for conducting a comprehensive and data-supported risk assessment of new and existing credit policies in an effort to identify and quantify risk exposure associated with the banks over $35B mortgage and home equity loan portfolios.
- Liaison with partners to remediate risk concerns while improving business opportunities and overall customer experience.
- Participate in an ongoing effort to develop, and evolve a comprehensive risk assessment program by channel, product, and key business segments.
- Support the creation of formal risk analysis for senior business leaders and risk forums.
- Support credit risk analysis of business initiatives to optimize opportunities within established risk tolerances. Help build new risk mitigation strategies in an unstructured environment. Provide post-implementation reporting and analysis of actual performance relative to original expectations.
- Conduct recurring and ad-hoc risk analysis utilizing SAS and other data analysis tools. You will identify, collect, and analyze relevant data for a comprehensive evaluation of credit risk.
- Develop recommendations for remediation in partnership with other subject matter experts.
- Present findings and recommendations to business leaders. Facilitate meetings and foster collaboration to manage the implementation of business strategies.
- Provide support for ongoing risk management reporting and assessment of key risk indices. Monitor Risk Appetite Statement and other risk metric concentrations and trends. Prepare reporting and presentations for inclusion in monthly business reviews and risk councils. Assess vintage performance of policy and credit exceptions, business channels, products, customer relationship profiles, account management strategies, and geographic segments. Collaborate with other cross-functional team members to develop recommendations.
- Provide direct support during internal/external credit-related audits (i.e., ACR, IAA, and OCC). Participate in the collection of the requested information, as appropriate, by the required delivery dates.
- Craft and monitor action plans assigned to the risk unit in response to internal audit and regulatory agency recommendations.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and environmental factors (i.e., economy, the housing market, etc.) that could impact residential lending businesses. Help develop strategies to mitigate impacts to business and credit quality of loan portfolio. Benchmark performance and credit characteristics of banks loan portfolios against industry/peer groups.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to formulate strategic recommendations.
- Ability to effectively interact with other business partners within the organization, communicating risk management observations and recommendations.
- Ability to manage individual time across concurrent projects to meet established timelines.
- 5+ years' experience in residential mortgage, home equity, or another consumer finance-related industry is required.A master's degree in mathematics, applied statistics, economics, or finance is required.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts (such as logistic regression, decision tree, etc.) is desired.
- Proficient in SAS/SQL programming skills with ability to self-source data collection and analysis from multiple sources (e.g., SAS, SQL, Excel, etc.)
- Advanced MS Excel skills (e.g., ability to build pivot tables, utilize advanced data management functions, etc.)
T he above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top