Relationship Services Specialist
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients' best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We're part of 150,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Serve as primary client staffing contact for assigned relationships. Under guidance, ensure relationships are handled in accordance with the parameters of contractual and regulatory requirements, bank policies and established servicing procedures. Coordinate account activity with internal units to ensure they can accomplish their responsibilities with accuracy and efficiency. Proactively communicate with clients and their external service providers to convey announcements having potential financial impacts to client portfolios, and to promptly address clients inquires or issues.
- 35% Instruction Processing & Control Review relationship documents and develop client specific desk procedures necessary to complete daily activities. Receive instructions; determine appropriate action and authorize for processing. If instructions are not clear or insufficient as to detail, identify the problem and proactively resolve with instructing party. Correspond with clients or authorized parties on information required to fulfill service obligations, such as corporate action notices, cash management yields or changes in delivery instructions.
- 35% Inquiries & Investigations Respond to client inquiries on related account activities or other service matters. Determine when processing errors are caused by internal departments or other authorized parties. Recommend corrective action records. Prepare responses to client.
- 15% Cash Management/Financial Control Ensure funds are available in the account to cover disbursement activities and other funding needs. Contact client when additional cash is required to meet pending obligations. Review cash transactions; resolve issues and make sure and adjustments are completed as needed.
- 15% Service Reviews & Documentation Reviews Conduct account reviews to include contracts and other legal documents, standing instructions, and authorized signers to ensure that account processing reflects contractual commitments, client directives and information. Analyze system processing parameters, portfolio inventory, and accounting reports to ensure compliance with account legal and regulatory requirements. Identify documentation deficiencies and request updates from client or responsible party. Monitor until deficiencies are resolved. Risk Management: The employee will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to, implement, and follow policies and procedures that support the Bank's Risk Vision, including the Bank's anti-money laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), and other relevant operational, compliance and other risk management-related requirements as appropriate. The employee is expected to further a culture of risk and compliance discipline, which includes, but is not limited to, maintaining compliance with Bank and business process-related policies and procedures, exhibiting a basic understanding of the risks associated with the employee's position, escalating issues of risk concern to management, and maintaining appropriate data integrity and confidentiality with regard to all customer files and business transactions.
- Three or more years experience in relationship services for investment portfolios or asset servicing with working knowledge of trade settlements, income entitlements and corporate action activities, accounting methodologies and reporting requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft office products including Excel.
- Working knowledge of securities processing and accounting systems, SEI and SunGard applications a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to prioritize activities to meet deadlines and maintain detail-oriented focus on accuracy and conforming to control procedures.
- Typically requires a college degree in a related field or equivalent professional experiences.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified .
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top