Rate Sales Institutional Investor coverage - Director or Vice President
- New York, NY
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 14,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
MUFG Securities EMEA plc., MUFG Securities (Europe) N.V., MUFG Securities Americas Inc., MUFG Securities (Canada), Ltd. and MUFG Securities Asia Limited under Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings Co., Ltd aim to provide an internationally integrated securities operation offering best in class service and products to corporate and institutional clients and those of the MUFG group.
Mitsubishi UFJ Securities (MUSA) provides investment banking and brokerage products and services to institutional clients throughout the Americas. MUSA, is headquartered in New York and is active throughout the international capital markets, focusing on fixed income, debt, equity, derivatives and structured products.
Position Summary :
The Rate Sales group covers MUFG's institutional investor clients. Institutional investor clients include Insurance Companies, Banks, Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Central Banks, GSEs, SSA, Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Endowments, Pensions, and others.
Products and Asset classes include government securities, interest rate derivatives, repo, commercial paper, agency debentures, structured products, corporate bonds, and credit derivatives.
Team members work with traders, strategists, and economists to tailor solutions for clients on a broad range of topics ranging from macroeconomic and relative value themes, to client's asset & liability management.
- Manage institutional investor client relationships, execute tradesand facilitate the execution of trades on electronic venues.
- Follow economic data releases and discuss the market impact with clients.
- Discuss fixed income strategy to leverage our research ideas.
- Model interest rate derivatives with various trading desks.
- Discuss views and risk positions of various trading desks.
- Work closely with other asset class teams to promote cross selling across the firm.
- Back up colleagues and work together as a team.
- Work with mid-office and sales assistants to ensure that trades are captured and confirmed in a timely fashion.
- On-board clients in coordination with the firm's credit, legal, compliance, and operations teams.
- Bachelor's degree or higher; MBA and/or CFA a plus.
- A minimum of 5 to 10+ years of related Rates Sales work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgment
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency, prioritize work accordingly and multi-task.
- A creative and innovative approach to work.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Back to top